Loyalty Point Scheme

Immaculate Pasta said:
Matty said:
I can understand where you're coming from but try this for a scenario.

We get to a cup final, you've got 5000 points, your son has got 2500 points "officially" (i.e. one's has actually earned) but has been bumped up to 5000 so you can go together to the matches. I have 3500 points and tickets sell out at the 3800 mark. I don't get to go to the match yet your son does, despite not having been going to matches very long and not actually having the required points through "legitimate" means. Is that fair to me?

He's right though in what he says about the generation thing. You only have to look at the derby at Old Trafford nowadays to see it is full of people over 50. The loyalty points has it plusses and its flaws.
He definitely has a point but, as a City fan with no kids who's held a seasoncard for 10 years now, my first priority is ensuring after spending the 32 years of my life without any trophies I don't miss out on watching us win one because some 10 year old gets given more loyalty points than me for free.

Matty said:
Colins Bellend said:

I'm guessing he's basing it on distance, time of day and quality of opposition.

I'm not sure if there are any criteria which would regulate the loyalty points on offer for any given match.

As 1 poster said the southern based fans get more points when Northern fans cant make it
The system can't suit everyone

Maybe the fairest way to do it is to always leave 15% of the tickets to go on general sale so those with 500 points+ can all have a chance of getting them on a first come first served basis?

Matty said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
He's right though in what he says about the generation thing. You only have to look at the derby at Old Trafford nowadays to see it is full of people over 50. The loyalty points has it plusses and its flaws.
He definitely has a point but, as a City fan with no kids who's held a seasoncard for 10 years now, my first priority is ensuring after spending the 32 years of my life without any trophies I don't miss out on watching us win one because some 10 year old gets given more loyalty points than me for free.

This is where the loyalty points system is the best and the worst way of doing it.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Maybe the fairest way to do it is to always leave 15% of the tickets to go on general sale so those with 500 points+ can all have a chance of getting them on a first come first served basis?
There is a rule that there has to be a certain percentage of tickets which can't be allocated to season ticket holders, which means City can never have 45,000 season ticket holders (based on 3000 away tickets and the current 48,000 capacity). I don't now how many are available to non-season ticket holders though.

Matty said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
There is a rule that there has to be a certain percentage of tickets which can't be allocated to season ticket holders, which means City can never have 45,000 season ticket holders (based on 3000 away tickets and the current 48,000 capacity). I don't now how many are available to non-season ticket holders though.

I mean for away games, maybe 15% of the away tickets can go to those who don't have the required points to go on a first come first served or go into a draw?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Most away games do go on open sale but now the glory hunters are worrying because they weren't arsed going to Bolton or West Brom or Wigan when we were playing shite thats the difference

I reckon it's a good way of doing it. I've just got my loyalty points from local aways and all the home cup games over the years. I go to the odd London away and last year a couple of European trips, but I'm by no means ever present. It's easy to gather points just sign up to the cup scheme and go to every friendly, carling cup etc at Coms.

lovecityhateunited said:
Lee-ManCity said:
so your saying - somebody who has no money atall, with no season card .. is more loyal than somebody who goes all home and away games ..... no too sure on that one

matty has a point, but believe me i no a lot of lads on the away scene who are absoloutley skint but still manage to find the cash to go home and away(i'm 1 of them).

...and then there's the argument about people who went to every game, home and away, year in, year out, before the system came in, who are still season ticket holders but now have families etc. and don't get to many aways now. They won't have been rewarded for their loyalty as much as perhaps they should.

Colins Bellend said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Most away games do go on open sale but now the glory hunters are worrying because they weren't arsed going to Bolton or West Brom or Wigan when we were playing shite thats the difference

But take me for example, i have 220 loyalty points to my name because this is my first season as a seasonticket holder. In the past i have either just paid on the day for home games or used a family or mates seasoncard as they have enough points to get them first. My fault really but i have been to the same amount of games as someone on 3,000 points, the only difference is i didn't get the points. Like i said my fault really but as an away semi-regular i will find it hard to get to those games now because those with enough points will want to go now which would make them glory hunters in a way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.