Loyalty Points - Now a Joke

squirtyflower said:
i've been a staunch supporter of the loyalty points system but beginning to see that a slight alteration is required

i know guys who have amassed a huge amount of points over the years and choose only to go to the big games, although this will disappear as they get caught up
a way of speeding this up would be to only count the points for the last five years (similar to the euro-coefficients), then regular and consistent awayers are top of the queue

Good suggestion, although this can be unfair on those of us who stop going to games due to other commitments, such as child birth - then when the child is older want to go watching games again.

Many staff at the club are Non-supporters yet are provided with 2x tickets for matches.
Yes staff are selling them on, which is better than having an empty seat - but surely these tickets should only be given upon request by Staff?

Some supporters are mixing identity with loyalty - judging someone by the way they look on how loyal they are to the club.

I've been to several aways this season and not recieved any points as I have bought the ticket elsewhere - But I don't LP chase, however maybe the person who's ticket I bought does chase LP's.

Reset it every season :)
We all start at the same racing line, this will eradicate point chasers and allow those of us who amass the most points through seasoncards the chance to buy aways... Some of us will choose to sell their away ticket onto tourist's, it won't be as bad as it has been though.

Stevie B said:
We all start at the same racing line, this will eradicate point chasers and allow those of us who amass the most points through seasoncards the chance to buy aways... Some of us will choose to sell their away ticket onto tourist's, it won't be as bad as it has been though.
first match of the season
scum away and everyone on the same points

a lottery like scum then?

squirtyflower said:
Stevie B said:

Well everyone will buy different memberships, so Superbia will be rewarded and given the opportunity to buy scum away.

Stevie B said:
squirtyflower said:
Stevie B said:

Well everyone will buy different memberships, so Superbia will be rewarded and given the opportunity to buy scum away.
neither of us will be there then

they'll be pretty lonesome though

Stevie B said:
squirtyflower said:
i've been a staunch supporter of the loyalty points system but beginning to see that a slight alteration is required

i know guys who have amassed a huge amount of points over the years and choose only to go to the big games, although this will disappear as they get caught up
a way of speeding this up would be to only count the points for the last five years (similar to the euro-coefficients), then regular and consistent awayers are top of the queue

Good suggestion, although this can be unfair on those of us who stop going to games due to other commitments, such as child birth - then when the child is older want to go watching games again.

Many staff at the club are Non-supporters yet are provided with 2x tickets for matches.
Yes staff are selling them on, which is better than having an empty seat - but surely these tickets should only be given upon request by Staff?

Some supporters are mixing identity with loyalty - judging someone by the way they look on how loyal they are to the club.

I've been to several aways this season and not recieved any points as I have bought the ticket elsewhere - But I don't LP chase, however maybe the person who's ticket I bought does chase LP's.

This really hasnt been though out very well has it?
So by your method at the start of the season a bloke who has been going home and away for 30 years stands the same chance of getting an away ticket as a bloke who has just bought a season ticket but never seen City play before?

Yeah right, that seems fair????

Stevie B said:
squirtyflower said:
Stevie B said:

So the more money you have the more chance you have at a ticket? Hows that fair. The system we have now is fair the only problem is its easy to abuse.

london aways are now just a corporate jolly, and have been for a while.

while noble for many to say it's crucial for us to give the team unwavering support at these games, it's a bit daft for manchester city to be selling tickets to every tom dick and harry, and then expect partizan support from fans, of whom many couldnt give 2 shits who won.

i heard that 10% of away allocations are corporate, which would make sense, we have supposedly an allocation of 2300 for norwich, yet clubs have been taking 2550 there this season.

i have no problem who gets the tickets, if they are there on merit, but it's a bit of a downer to be at one of citys most crucial matches, and be surrounded by people who in many cases are hoping the home team wins.

I think you're confusing the loyalty points system and ticket distribution.

If every ticket is sold on a loyalty points basis then those who've been to the most games get first dibs. Your problem seems to be the lack of transparency about our "allocation" and the lack of application of the system to the corporate deals. Two completely different things.

bluesmith said:
Stevie B said:
squirtyflower said:

So the more money you have the more chance you have at a ticket? Hows that fair. The system we have now is fair the only problem is its easy to abuse.

Easy to abuse, how so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.