Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

happychappy said:
TGR said:
The people on here who want to change the loyalty points system are those with not enough points.
The reason why they haven't got enough points is because you have not been to enough games over the years.
Coincidence?
Know loads of lads who have gone regular for 40 years, previous to the the loyalty point system being active. Plus many like myself, being born jibber's who watched city for the first 8 years at the etihad courtesy of my mates business. My two kids both have 9000 pts, but for the veterans like myself we don't look smugly down on people with out the required pts, we source our tickets, like we always did in what ever way we can
its not looking down on people with lower points (we've all been there) its looking down on the people who want to change the system to suit them as they don't have enough points. until sheikh Mansour came, scratch that, until mancini won us some silverware and the consequent progress since the loyalty point system was never even mentioned. right up until 2 seasons ago tickets for most games, home and away were plentiful. we hardly ever sold out away, quite often left with tickets on our hands, there was the chance right there for people to build points up, that chance was spurned for whatever reason. now we are awesome and we no longer watch the like of sibieski and no longer get thumped 8-1 at boro people suddenly can make those games after all. very strange indeed. what you jcl's need to do is the same as when we were jcl's and that is wait your turn, the difference being that whilst we were waiting our turn the team were fucking dire. we still went though and our reward for that blind loyalty (there's that word again)is what we are reaping now.

I'm no jcl bill, been going since 71 and I don't wait my turn for no one,I don't care if the points system changes or stay's the same, like I said if you don't have the points then for the more resourceful of us, we'll find the tickets by other means, but it wouldn't cross my mind to call another blue a jcl or look smugly down at them cos I've got more points than you

happychappy said:
I'm no jcl bill, been going since 71 and I don't wait my turn for no one,I don't care if the points system changes or stay's the same, like I said if you don't have the points then for the more resourceful of us, we'll find the tickets by other means, but it wouldn't cross my mind to call another blue a jcl or look smugly down at them cos I've got more points than you

we were all jcl's at one time or another. you in 71 me 65 and now fans starting in 2014. I don't look down my nose at people with less points, in fact its great when we can help them out when they need tickets, my beef is the ones wanting to change the system so that their low points kick in. we didn't get that benefit and neither should they.

Don't get the argument here to be honest. Loyalty points reward loyalty and those with the most have been the most loyal and should get the tickets.

Fuck ballots etc.

de niro said:
happychappy said:

we were all jcl's at one time or another. you in 71 me 65 and now fans starting in 2014. I don't look down my nose at people with less points, in fact its great when we can help them out when they need tickets, my beef is the ones wanting to change the system so that their low points kick in. we didn't get that benefit and neither should they.

Pretty much agree with this. One point though, as just curious about your personal case. I think I've read on here in the past that you didn't go the match for quite a while whilst building up your business etc. Was this period before the loyalty points system was introduced or since - has the system benefited you personally as it came in when you started going again or were you an home and away man say in the 80's and 90's anyway, so wouldn't have made any difference to you if the points system had been put in place say 10 years earlier?

Danny Hoekman said:
de niro said:
happychappy said:

Pretty much agree with this. One point though, as just curious about your personal case. I think I've read on here in the past that you didn't go the match for quite a while whilst building up your business etc. Was this period before the loyalty points system was introduced or since - has the system benefited you personally as it came in when you started going again or were you an home and away man say in the 80's and 90's anyway, so wouldn't have made any difference to you if the points system had been put in place say 10 years earlier?

a bit of a mix. home and away as a youth when money would allow. then it eased off with having a family. back on track the latter part of Maine road until 12 months before the move. started with no points in the new stadium, use to get tickets off here. business wise I had to really choose my aways, besides I had no chance of a rag away ticket and we were never going to make Wembley :)
after a while I was able to get staff and in turn I was back doing the games, home away and abroad. then I had to catch up but the introduction of platinum was helpful, as I was doing the games anyway in did boost my points, same with everyone. so yes the system has helped me but the bottom line is whatever system was in place I would like to think by now I'd be getting a ticket for any game I choose. to me, and many others it was all about watching the boys and the craic with the lads, the result or quality of squad seriously never entered our head. it was just city, and we were hooked. now my family are the same as me, they do the games to but as they get kids and mortages etc their points will dwindle. that's life.

There is an issue here - whilst those with the loyalty points call others JCLs and they should wait their turn - well, how would that happen?
If there were only 10 away tickets to every match, then the top 10 loyalty point holders would take them every time. No 11 would be just as keen to get an away ticket but would NEVER get one. Don't you see that can't be right.

The best way to keep rewarding those who are loyal, but have some glimmer of hope for those building up points is to drop off the 11th year of loyalty - so the points total on your account represents the last 10 years matches - this won't stop those who currently get tickets from getting them, but allows a slow burn of new folk also able to get tickets.

Many other clubs do this - don't see the objections really, even from those who are affected.

jockblue said:
There is an issue here - whilst those with the loyalty points call others JCLs and they should wait their turn - well, how would that happen?
If there were only 10 away tickets to every match, then the top 10 loyalty point holders would take them every time. No 11 would be just as keen to get an away ticket but would NEVER get one. Don't you see that can't be right.

The best way to keep rewarding those who are loyal, but have some glimmer of hope for those building up points is to drop off the 11th year of loyalty - so the points total on your account represents the last 10 years matches - this won't stop those who currently get tickets from getting them, but allows a slow burn of new folk also able to get tickets.

Many other clubs do this - don't see the objections really, even from those who are affected.

read my post again.

I went to my first game in 1965. I was a jcl, I was 11 and had no chance of affording or obtaining an away ticket. I HAD TO WAIT MY TURN. slow, very slow but eventually I had enough tokens to go to some away games, not though for the Newcastle game that saw us become champions. people who did get tickets for that were going way before I even set foot in Maine road. whilst I wouldn't of cared had I got a ticket over a long standing blue that would have been plain wrong. of course now we have the loyalty points system no need for all that token shit, but the theory is the same. if we now change the system its one in the eye for those who were going way before any of the fans now wanting to see big games even set foot in to eastlands.

the glimmer of hope you ask for is the same glimmer I had all those years ago. its called patience.

The only thing that bothers me is when a game sells out before my points at over 7500 to find someone who is no where near that in attendance haha

de niro said:
jockblue said:

read my post again.

I went to my first game in 1965. I was a jcl, I was 11 and had no chance of affording or obtaining an away ticket. I HAD TO WAIT MY TURN. slow, very slow but eventually I had enough tokens to go to some away games, not though for the Newcastle game that saw us become champions. people who did get tickets for that were going way before I even set foot in Maine road. whilst I wouldn't of cared had I got a ticket over a long standing blue that would have been plain wrong. of course now we have the loyalty points system no need for all that token shit, but the theory is the same. if we now change the system its one in the eye for those who were going way before any of the fans now wanting to see big games even set foot in to eastlands.

the glimmer of hope you ask for is the same glimmer I had all those years ago. its called patience.

de niro - I have read your post, and would ask that you read mine again....

The amount of tickets available to away fans is considerably reduced from when you had your "waiting phase". The "waiting in turn" you refer to isn't working as it's the same people who are eligible first and will always get the tickets, hence widening the gap still further. There isn't a mechanism for them to build up enough loyalty points to have a chance of joining that elite, no matter how keen they were to go. I've been a regular ST holder for 30 years or so, go to maybe 5-10 aways a year (but less now) and know that with my 9k loyalty points, I've no chance of a ticket to matches at say OT or big Euro aways. And I think I'm probably in the top half of loyalty point holders. I don't consider myself a JCL. Yet I can't get tickets for many aways I'd like to go to. I dont think I have an automatic right, but the way the scheme works is starting to put an artificial barrier in place on some of these games, which would be a shame. Dont get me wrong, the Loyalty scheme's great - it just needs a bit of tweaking. People with solid 10 year records will still be ahead of newcomers but it allows people to have a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.