Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

Up here in Scotland, Hearts do a similar thing where your points drop off after 2 years. This means that you need to keep going to matches to build your points up, but anyone starting from fresh, can usually begin to pick up tickets for the 'big' games end of year 2 and beyond. I think 2 years is too short and my Hearts mates dont agree with it, but they agree with the principle but should be more like 5 years.

tidyman said:
There's no such thing as a perfectly fair system. And it's pointless making it more complicated.

Any season ticket holder can get tickets for the vast majority of away games if they want. If someone starting from scratch went to every away game they could for the next ten years, they'd be more or less guaranteed a ticket for every game anyway after that, without changing things.

It's as fair as it can be in my opinion.

But if it doesn't deliver an individual desired outcome it can't be fair. Some want a bit more fairness than they are gonna get!

jockblue said:
de niro said:
jockblue said:
There is an issue here - whilst those with the loyalty points call others JCLs and they should wait their turn - well, how would that happen?
If there were only 10 away tickets to every match, then the top 10 loyalty point holders would take them every time. No 11 would be just as keen to get an away ticket but would NEVER get one. Don't you see that can't be right.

The best way to keep rewarding those who are loyal, but have some glimmer of hope for those building up points is to drop off the 11th year of loyalty - so the points total on your account represents the last 10 years matches - this won't stop those who currently get tickets from getting them, but allows a slow burn of new folk also able to get tickets.

Many other clubs do this - don't see the objections really, even from those who are affected.

read my post again.

I went to my first game in 1965. I was a jcl, I was 11 and had no chance of affording or obtaining an away ticket. I HAD TO WAIT MY TURN. slow, very slow but eventually I had enough tokens to go to some away games, not though for the Newcastle game that saw us become champions. people who did get tickets for that were going way before I even set foot in Maine road. whilst I wouldn't of cared had I got a ticket over a long standing blue that would have been plain wrong. of course now we have the loyalty points system no need for all that token shit, but the theory is the same. if we now change the system its one in the eye for those who were going way before any of the fans now wanting to see big games even set foot in to eastlands.

the glimmer of hope you ask for is the same glimmer I had all those years ago. its called patience.

de niro - I have read your post, and would ask that you read mine again....

The amount of tickets available to away fans is considerably reduced from when you had your "waiting phase". The "waiting in turn" you refer to isn't working as it's the same people who are eligible first and will always get the tickets, hence widening the gap still further. There isn't a mechanism for them to build up enough loyalty points to have a chance of joining that elite, no matter how keen they were to go. I've been a regular ST holder for 30 years or so, go to maybe 5-10 aways a year (but less now) and know that with my 9k loyalty points, I've no chance of a ticket to matches at say OT or big Euro aways. And I think I'm probably in the top half of loyalty point holders. I don't consider myself a JCL. Yet I can't get tickets for many aways I'd like to go to. I dont think I have an automatic right, but the way the scheme works is starting to put an artificial barrier in place on some of these games, which would be a shame. Dont get me wrong, the Loyalty scheme's great - it just needs a bit of tweaking. People with solid 10 year records will still be ahead of newcomers but it allows people to have a chance.

I'm afraid that's not true and the argument you can't catch up isn't right and is argued down easily because even last season and for every season nearly half of the away games went down to all seasoncard holders and many of those to open sale.

That's how you get your points total up, there's no secret to it, go to the games, not just the big and popular ones. As half the games were open to every seasoncard holder ANY seasoncard holder could have caught up with many above them as not everyone was buying the tickets, hence open sale.

In the years before we were successful apart from OT virtually every away game went to open sale. There are not fewer available tickets now than previous, the 3K rule has been in place for 10 yrs, it's just that more people now fancy the bigger games and don't think they should have to wait. So all those people who went in the shit times should now miss out?

Tonster said:
jockblue said:
de niro said:
read my post again.

I went to my first game in 1965. I was a jcl, I was 11 and had no chance of affording or obtaining an away ticket. I HAD TO WAIT MY TURN. slow, very slow but eventually I had enough tokens to go to some away games, not though for the Newcastle game that saw us become champions. people who did get tickets for that were going way before I even set foot in Maine road. whilst I wouldn't of cared had I got a ticket over a long standing blue that would have been plain wrong. of course now we have the loyalty points system no need for all that token shit, but the theory is the same. if we now change the system its one in the eye for those who were going way before any of the fans now wanting to see big games even set foot in to eastlands.

the glimmer of hope you ask for is the same glimmer I had all those years ago. its called patience.

The amount of tickets available to away fans is considerably reduced from when you had your "waiting phase". The "waiting in turn" you refer to isn't working as it's the same people who are eligible first and will always get the tickets, hence widening the gap still further. There isn't a mechanism for them to build up enough loyalty points to have a chance of joining that elite, no matter how keen they were to go. I've been a regular ST holder for 30 years or so, go to maybe 5-10 aways a year (but less now) and know that with my 9k loyalty points, I've no chance of a ticket to matches at say OT or big Euro aways. And I think I'm probably in the top half of loyalty point holders. I don't consider myself a JCL. Yet I can't get tickets for many aways I'd like to go to. I dont think I have an automatic right, but the way the scheme works is starting to put an artificial barrier in place on some of these games, which would be a shame. Dont get me wrong, the Loyalty scheme's great - it just needs a bit of tweaking. People with solid 10 year records will still be ahead of newcomers but it allows people to have a chance.

I'm afraid that's not true and the argument you can't catch up isn't right and is argued down easily because even last season and for every season nearly half of the away games went down to all seasoncard holders and many of those to open sale.

That's how you get your points total up, there's no secret to it, go to the games, not just the big and popular ones. As half the games were open to every seasoncard holder ANY seasoncard holder could have caught up with many above them as not everyone was buying the tickets, hence open sale.

In the years before we were successful apart from OT virtually every away game went to open sale. There are not fewer available tickets now than previous, the 3K rule has been in place for 10 yrs, it's just that more people now fancy the bigger games and don't think they should have to wait. So all those people who went in the shit times should now miss out?

Added to that we returned around 1,000 tickets to Swansea for the New Year game. Ok it was a crappy KO time after New Years Eve but those lower down the points scale had an opportunity there but clearly not too many bothered.

Tonster said:
jockblue said:
de niro said:
read my post again.

on the money.

Are people still arguing about this. It really isn't difficult go to the shit games and eventually you will earn the right and the points to go to the category A games.

If you don't want to put the time and money into going to the likes of Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich or even Spurs mid week, don't expect the Barca and Swamp tickets.

the originalkippaxman said:
Are people still arguing about this. It really isn't difficult go to the shit games and eventually you will earn the right and the points to go to the category A games.

If you don't want to put the time and money into going to the likes of Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich or even Spurs mid week, don't expect the Barca and Swamp tickets.

but but but its not fair, I wanna see the big games NOW, why should you get to all the big games, I'm as big a blue as you. I watched loads on motd whilst you were travelling back from places like Brighton.

de niro said:

but but but its not fair, I wanna see the big games NOW, why should you get to all the big games, I'm as big a blue as you. I watched loads on motd whilst you were travelling back from places like Brighton.

What makes me laugh is those that keep going on about the points system have never been to the shit away grounds. Surprisingly they end up being some of the best away days and laughs of the Season.

de niro said:

What makes me laugh is those that keep going on about the points system have never been to the shit away grounds. Surprisingly they end up being some of the best away days and laughs of the Season.

I was saying this the other day, give me the Europa all day long. proper away days in towns we'd never fucking heard of. quality.

I have been going all my life home away Europe etc etc and I am in the top tier of points and I know a lot of blues who don't have as many points and if for any reason I cant attend a game, I will always check with my mates first too see if anyone wants it. Not for the points because they are blues and would have no chance of getting a ticket to arsenal away or Liverpool away. Yes they may have been blues for all there lives 40+ years but financially cant afford to do an away game every fortnight so cant accumulate as many points as others, they are no less deserving to watch city because they have less points. do people see this as a bad thing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.