Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

I dont believe you ever truly do catch up because for every year you renew and amass points away games start another 2k higher

SteWadda said:
Pelly Greeny said:
Have I got this right?
It's possible that kids get a ticket when their parent reaches the points criteria? That means that some snotty nosed little brat who's been to eight games in his first and only season as an SC holder could get a ticket whereas a guy who's been going for years misses out?

What have people got against kids going to the match?

Nothing at all, but why should a kid who's been to a handful of games get a ticket because his Dad's been going a while whereas a guy who's got himself 7,000 points misses out?

I'd not be happy if I got the the ticket office window and be told that guy in front of you has just had the last two tickets - he's got 7,000 points and his son has 1200 but qualifies on his Dads tally rather than his own.

Pelly Greeny said:
SteWadda said:
Pelly Greeny said:
Have I got this right?
It's possible that kids get a ticket when their parent reaches the points criteria? That means that some snotty nosed little brat who's been to eight games in his first and only season as an SC holder could get a ticket whereas a guy who's been going for years misses out?

Nothing at all, but why should a kid who's been to a handful of games get a ticket because his Dad's been going a while whereas a guy who's got himself 7,000 points misses out?

I'd not be happy if I got the the ticket office window and be told that guy in front of you has just had the last two tickets - he's got 7,000 points and his son has 1200 but qualifies on his Dads tally rather than his own.

I will tell my lad to go sit on his jack next away game.

Pelly Greeny said:
SteWadda said:
Pelly Greeny said:
Have I got this right?

Spot on mate.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Pelly Greeny said:
SteWadda said:

No need, if you had to wait until the child with lesser points was elegible to buy, that would be fairer if you wanted to sit together.

totallywired said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Pelly Greeny said:

No need, if you had to wait until the child with lesser points was elegible to buy, that would be fairer if you wanted to sit together.

Maybe but the club doesn't see it that way.

squirtyflower said:
A ballot leads to a black market in away tickets, that's what happens at the scum

There were 19 games you could have gone to last year without points, the two asking for ballots did you go to all those games?

Ballots are shit mate. A good friend who has been a arsenal season ticket holder for years has failed to get a ticket for this weeks final

Diamond season tickets , ten grand each but you get ten times loyalty points , anyone can catch up and get a ticket straight away , if its fair for platinum whats the difference ?

TGR said:
mannycity said:
I've mentioned this last year,this will keep raising it's head more and more,cos it will be the same people going to all the cup finals ie FA cup where we only get a small allowance for the final.Imagine when we have a much larger following,when we have 60,000+ capacity,maybe 50,000 season ticket holders.

The club must find a way to accommodate,and keep the interest,in season ticket holders with less points.

My own belief is to find an appropriate percentage ie 20 percent,and put these tickets in a ballot,including juniors in a different ballot. Discuss?

Eventually we will have to go to some form of ballot (as i thinks the rags do?) but not for a few years yet.
I think the current system is pretty fair overall and no system will ever be perfect.

I have no issue with people having to wait at least 10 to 15years+ to start getting tickets for decent away games - thats how the majority of us on here got our points in the first place: Going to matches all over the country for more than a decade - when you have put that amount of time, effort & money in then you deserve to go to some of the bigger away games, but not until.
Thats why its called a 'loyalty' scheme and and a 'JCL Ticket Scheme'

I agree with this, no dig at the op but a lot of the JCL's want tickets for the big games, well where were they when we were shit? ( not a dig at kids as I know they were to young or not even born then. )

Perhaps a solution is that each away game is allocated a points value and if you want to purchase a ticket then you have to effectively spend the amount of points thus restricting your access to later games.

E.g. Fan 1 has 12,000 points Fan 2 has 4,000.

Both would like to go to Liverpool away which has a cost of 4,000 points. This is the only game Fan 2 wishes to see away yet Fan 1 also wants to go to United, Everton, Stoke, Chelsea and Spurs away that have a points total of 12,000.

Fan 1, not being overly arsed about watching the scousers decides not to bid for this game knowing his points would be better used against other sold out games he more readily fancies.

Normally Fan 1 would have habitually bought the Liverpool ticket and sold it on just to protect his total, however him doing this in this scheme would jeopardise his other always. His decision not to request a ticket allows Fan 2 to get to the game.

Clearly the points are reallocated each season and the totals for each game would need some clever engineering but such an innovative system would stop points whoring and just give a little sniff of a glamour away to those not in the top 3,000 positions in the points chart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.