Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

All this whinging is bullshit.

The only times points matter is United away and maybe a handful of other games, tops.

Everyone other away game and semis/ finals, any season ticket holder with a handful of points can get one easy enough.

It beats queuing up round Maine Road for days on end every year anyway.

The loyalty system as it stands is probably the fairest it can be but you have to remember that whatever system comes in there will be some that abuse it that's just life and life ain't fair I'm sure there wasn't this issue when we weren't having the success that we are now just a thought

System is fine as it is...

If someone was going to away games 10 years ago they got 10 LP's.

If they go now they get 40 LP's (On Platinum).

In another 10 years it will be 100 LP's.

So the people who stop going as frequently will eventually be caught up, and the people who go to every game they can will over take them and get in the position to go to every game. That's fairer than wiping out Loyalty Points people acquired going to absolutely rubbish away games where we would get beat every week!

Again, I don't see why more people don't use Supporters clubs, even if you don't agree with them, it's another way to get tickets, so if you're someone like me who was on around 7k points a few years ago and missed out on the bigger games - then joined the supporters clubs, went to all the shit games with them, then they rewarded me by giving me tickets to the big games. So now I've over taken most people like that and could get a ticket on my own for pretty much every game other than United away.

underneath the sky said:
The loyalty system as it stands is probably the fairest it can be but you have to remember that whatever system comes in there will be some that abuse it that's just life and life ain't fair I'm sure there wasn't this issue when we weren't having the success that we are now just a thought

I remember the old 'voucher scheme' - now that scheme DID get abused I can tell you.
I once got 4 tickets for a derby at the swamp with the same set of vouchers!

GXCity said:
tidyman said:
There's no such thing as a perfectly fair system. And it's pointless making it more complicated.

Any season ticket holder can get tickets for the vast majority of away games if they want. If someone starting from scratch went to every away game they could for the next ten years, they'd be more or less guaranteed a ticket for every game anyway after that, without changing things.

It's as fair as it can be in my opinion.

I wouldn't have even thought about change as it could affect my position. However, how could my lad ever get to my points total? I will probably be on 13.5k by the time he starts next year. I would have to stop going for 10 years before he could get to my level. He could go to every game available to him, as I will, and never get any nearer. A 10 year rolling period would still reward long term loyalty but would allow people to catch up if they put the time, effort and money into it.
Its called loyalty. Its the same for anybody who starting to go now. I like how you want to protect your own status. Na just leave it as it is. Just like my son, yours has got a long apprenticeship. I could whinge about the fact that, when i could only go to home games for two seasons , the points system started. 20 years of away games prior to that meant nothing. But hey ho, its the same for everybody now. Although i do not think that you should be able to buy children tickets because you have more points than me. Wheres my reward for loyalty, when some 10 year old queue jumps?

squirtyflower said:
GXCity said:
squirtyflower said:
Eight games didn't sell out last year
Eleven games sold out on 0 points

That's nineteen, 19, away games lower points people can go to if they choose

So that's nineteen away games you can take him to next year GX, he'll be over the Bluemoon

And those games would have cost you £815 plus your travel, and then his ticket on top

And on a personal note to your OP, my son got his first season ticket in 2000 when he was nine
And last season was the first time he got a scum away league game ticket under his own points, and he's 22.

Too young for next year Squirty. I am waiting for the 2015-16 season when he will be 6 and understands it a bit more. Took him to Norwich this season and he was a bloody nightmare!

My point being that he can go to any away game I choose to take him to when he is a junior as I can buy using my points total. The issue is when he is older. If I take him each time I go then I will be getting the same points as him (He won't be going Euro aways :) ) so he can never catch me. So he could go to 19 away games each season until he is 18 then bang he can't go to OT anymore as he is nowhere near the top group. So he has shown 12 years of going to the each home game and 19 aways a year but suddenly can't go anymore.

Hopefully that example demonstrates my point?
As my son's example shows you, it can be done
Last year was the first time he qualified in his own right
It can be done for lads in their early 20s now who've been going for a good decade. But it's taken your son 12 years from when Loyalty Points were low, now LPs are going from 12-15000 for the ones who'd go to most games. For people just starting out now, by the time it would take them to get to 12-15000 points, people could be at 26-30000. So people starting now have little chance of ever catching up. Well, they do, but it could take 25-30years to do it.

Ban-jani said:
Lad I know at work has 16k points.
He buys every away ticket even if he doesn't go & sells it on, so he gets all the points.

Whilst we should reward loyalty, how can that be fair?

No-one will ever catch him who has less.
A fair few people do that mate, you'd be surprised how many.

Reading this thread I am wondering why I have got so few loyalty points compared to others.

I have had a season ticket ever since 75/76 and for that I got 1550 pts to start me off but I seem to be way behind others now.

Looking at my account I have 6,840 pts (they have not yet credited me with this seasons credit card renewal).

I know I only go to a couple of aways a season nowadays but they only seem to be worth 10 (or 20) points each anyway.

I also refuse to pay for double points (platinum) so again I must be down a bit there also.

I do subscribe to the cup schemes.

Whenever there is a game I do want to go to I have never yet failed to get a ticket so I am not having a moan but was just surprised as to how far behind I am now.

Wonder if I can leave them to my sons in my will?

geoff hammond said:
Reading this thread I am wondering why I have got so few loyalty points compared to others.

I have had a season ticket ever since 75/76 and for that I got 1550 pts to start me off but I seem to be way behind others now.

Looking at my account I have 6,840 pts (they have not yet credited me with this seasons credit card renewal).

I know I only go to a couple of aways a season nowadays but they only seem to be worth 10 (or 20) points each anyway.

I also refuse to pay for double points (platinum) so again I must be down a bit there also.

I do subscribe to the cup schemes.

Whenever there is a game I do want to go to I have never yet failed to get a ticket so I am not having a moan but was just surprised as to how far behind I am now.

Wonder if I can leave them to my sons in my will?
HMRC would be after them for their cut as well

TGR said:
underneath the sky said:

I remember the old 'voucher scheme' - now that scheme DID get abused I can tell you.
I once got 4 tickets for a derby at the swamp with the same set of vouchers!

I remember queuing up for 12 hours around Maine Road for Gillingham 99 - We had bundles & bundles of away ticket stubs as our system was - some would queue and some provided the refreshment throughout the day - we were well pissed by the time we got to the ticket window and some how managed to get all the tickets we were after and not lose any of the away stubs.

In them days if you had been a season ticket holder more than 5 years you were classed "a regular" - 5 years or 25 years you were classed the same and when it changed to loyalty points all regulars got the same start up points - it didn't make any difference that we had been ST holders for 18 years previous we still only got the same as someone who was 5 years in - the loyalty points system is as fair as it gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.