Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

A year or so ago, Spurs took the decision to still award tickets on the number of loyalty points but only the points accrued in the last 5 years were used in the calculations.

Would others be in favour of that approach?

Manc in London said:
A year or so ago, Spurs took the decision to still award tickets on the number of loyalty points but only the points accrued in the last 5 years were used in the calculations.

Would others be in favour of that approach?

Still won't stop the same 3,000 people having first shot at buying and protecting their points status regardless of attending the game or not.

People who have built up points over time deserve priority to games IMO. They've done the hard yards.

Anyone that wants to catch up, needs to do the hard yards themselves.

moomba said:
People who have built up points over time deserve priority to games IMO. They've done the hard yards.

So true. The only slight difference is (fan of the points system btw) is when it first came in fans who only just got a ticket were only playing catch up with 1500 is points. Now a new season ticket holder is playing catch up to a lot more. Some though need to look at the bigger picture that it is probably on 4 games a season in the prem they can't get too

mancitymick said:
moomba said:

So true. The only slight difference is (fan of the points system btw) is when it first came in fans who only just got a ticket were only playing catch up with 1500 is points. Now a new season ticket holder is playing catch up to a lot more. Some though need to look at the bigger picture that it is probably on 4 games a season in the prem they can't get too

I'd say it's easier catch up now. Maybe not catch up on those with the highest points but you can certainly get yourself in the position to get to most games.

What is it, 200 points for each of the cup schemes? That used to be a third of a season of aways. Double points for platinum, certainly not that difficult to get into the middle tier of points.

It is 40 points an away game, it used to be 10, that is in effect a rolling weighted system.

I'm on 6,500 points, approx. Never went platinum cos it's morally wrong,pay £50 extra and double your points.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,but it's a bit like the rich getting richer,at some point in time something has to change to get younger supporters with season tickets going to finals,O/T etc,otherwise the ones that go now will always go.

For me open up a ballot for a small percentage,of tickets of different point groups, all can be discussed at supporter group meetings,but in ten years things have to be different,otherwise people won't see the point in having a season ticket.

Otherwise mr platinum member on 60,000 points goes everywhere,

Being honest the more support we generate,we may take a few leafs out of the scums book.

mcfcirlam said:
The fairest way is all those that leave the ground early must go out through a gate which automatically takes points off their card.
All those that join the cup schemes and just dont bother going to the early rounds should be branded with a hot poker so we can they can be sent to Coventry at the next game. A bit like the lepers in the Roman times.

Just browsing and couldnt resist.

^^^ This ;-) Defo to early leavers!!!

mannycity said:
I'm on 6,500 points, approx. Never went platinum cos it's morally wrong,pay £50 extra and double your points.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,but it's a bit like the rich getting richer,at some point in time something has to change to get younger supporters with season tickets going to finals,O/T etc,otherwise the ones that go now will always go.

For me open up a ballot for a small percentage,of tickets of different point groups, all can be discussed at supporter group meetings,but in ten years things have to be different,otherwise people won't see the point in having a season ticket.

Otherwise mr platinum member on 60,000 points goes everywhere,

Being honest the more support we generate,we may take a few leafs out of the scums book.

I like the idea of a small percentage going to a ballot. I would love to go to a derby game at the swamp. I'm happy to go once and never again, but I would like the experience once!

trotsky said:
The Blue said:
i had an idea whereby an away allocation of 3000 would be allocated by 2500 going to seasoncard holders with the normal loyalty points allocation and then 500 set aside for a ballot. It gives hope to those who otherwise would no way be able to get a ticket to away games
We have a winner.
As long as the ballot allocates in pairs - it's a long drive to Southampton on your own..
Wonderful idea but it fails to recognise the 1000-1500 that go to corporate and sponsors these days, especially for the big away games, sadly we "fans" will never get those tickets back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.