Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

Your lad doesn't need to worry as by the time he needs to get his own ticket most of the current away fans will be infirm or pushing up daisies, he just needs you to have taken him to every game, home and away, signed up for platinum and never missed a cup match.

the only people who want to change the system are those who don't have the points to get to the big games. what about the people who gathered their points in early "big" games like a cup match v Leeds, or away to macc? sorry but you have to wait your turn. they did. because I had given up our season tickets the last year at maine road we came in to this stadium with 0 points. ok we did the home games (my god those stuart pearce days) but we missed out on loads of aways, we had to wait our turn. once an away game came to open sale or low points we went, that's if I didn't get them off here which I had to so many times. so now 13000 points later we have earned our place of the queue for any game going. all that time, money and effort shouldn't be tossed aside because someone comes along mard arsing that its not fair. it was fair when I had a 100 points verses the guys who had say 2k and its fair now. its called loyalty.

de niro said:
the only people who want to change the system are those who don't have the points to get to the big games. what about the people who gathered their points in early "big" games like a cup match v Leeds, or away to macc? sorry but you have to wait your turn. they did. because I had given up our season tickets the last year at maine road we came in to this stadium with 0 points. ok we did the home games (my god those stuart pearce days) but we missed out on loads of aways, we had to wait our turn. once an away game came to open sale or low points we went, that's if I didn't get them off here which I had to so many times. so now 13000 points later we have earned our place of the queue for any game going. all that time, money and effort shouldn't be tossed aside because someone comes along mard arsing that its not fair. it was fair when I had a 100 points verses the guys who had say 2k and its fair now. its called loyalty.

Well said, and the opening line is spot on. (well, the whole post but I want to highlight that)

The current system is fairest. As was proven this season most away games went to general sale anyway, the ones that didn't - why should fans who haven't been going home and away go over those that have?

There's a reason they're called LOYALTY points mate. Earn it! I'm 23 and I gained my points going to unfashionable places like Portsmouth. If i can't get an away ticket for Old Trafford I know that every one who did manage to get one has put more effort in than me and built up more points than me. What's the solution? I should go to more away games in which I meet the criteria, not come on here and ask for the rules to be changed. The LOYAL fans who meet the criteria for these 'big' away games have put their graft in during years in which games like Barcelona or Real Madrid were just a pipe dream. This is one thing that we need to make sure never changes just because we are a successful club at the moment.

de niro said:
Did you bother reading the suggestion in the OP or just go off the title?

He's not suggesting getting rid of loyalty points, simply adjusting the system so that the kids have a chance of catching up if they put in the same effort you did. You still go to the majority of games so would stay at the top of the list. However, there is a discussion to be had over whether someone who used to do all the games but now only does a few is more loyal than someone who wasn't even born when we played Macc, but for 10 years has done every game they possibly could.

Also, the current system relies on seasoncards not transferring. The only way a younger generation could catch up is if the older generation stop going and that they don't then pass their seasoncards on for someone else to use. I don't believe there's any way to police this, but a 10 year rolling system removes some of the need to.

I think it's as fair now as it could ever be. With the exception of the platinum idea which allows wealthy glory-hunters to catch up with less wealthy fans who've been going for years. How can it be called a "loyalty point" if you can buy it ? It makes my blood boil !

kenzie115 said:
de niro said:

He's not suggesting getting rid of loyalty points, simply adjusting the system so that the kids have a chance of catching up if they put in the same effort you did. You still go to the majority of games so would stay at the top of the list. However, there is a discussion to be had over whether someone who used to do all the games but now only does a few is more loyal than someone who wasn't even born when we played Macc, but for 10 years has done every game they possibly could.

Also, the current system relies on seasoncards not transferring. The only way a younger generation could catch up is if the older generation stop going and that they don't then pass their seasoncards on for someone else to use. I don't believe there's any way to police this, but a 10 year rolling system removes some of the need to.

Am I being think?

If someone stops going every game and another starts going every game will they not catch them up anyway? Espicallly if this is over a 10 year period.

nice neil said:
I think it's as fair now as it could ever be. With the exception of the platinum idea which allows wealthy glory-hunters to catch up with less wealthy fans who've been going for years. How can it be called a "loyalty point" if you can buy it ? It makes my blood boil !

Or makes less wealthy none glory hunters fork out for it just to keep up.

kenzie115 said:
de niro said:

both. shouldn't even be up for debate. if I jumped the queue ahead of Sean or someone on 12k jumped ahead of me, in ANY new fangled system it would be totally wrong.

as I say, any changes being requested are by those who simply have not been arsed to go to the games over the years....until now. how odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.