Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

Blue Maverick said:
Never understood why they don't give you points if you spend money in the shop and using your seasoncard for the discount. Say 1 point for every pound you spend it would help in a small way.

Are you joking.....
There would be a mob of point pimps stood outside offering their cards to anyone even window shopping. ......YCMIU

GXCity said:
Having just renewed my ST's and adding my lad to the waiting list for 2015, it got me thinking how the hell could he ever get in a position to catch up my loyalty point total. I have 12k points and he will obviously start the 2015 season on next to nothing. Whilst I appreciate City let you buy junior tickets once the adult qualifies, regardless of their points total, he is never going to be in a position when he is older to get tickets for the big games such as OT, Barca away etc. Is it now time to revisit the system we currently use? We need to make sure that the younger element of our fan base can attend such games in the future.

We would obviously have to ensure that those at the top are not unfairly affected by any changes but also we need to ensure that the top points group do not disappear over the horizon, never to be caught.

The fairest way I can see would be to have a 10 year rolling period. For example, in the current season any points accrued before 2004 would drop off your points total. This wouldn't have any affect on the top group as they will still be in the highest band and therefore still be able to buy on the first couple of days. A new ST holder would still be at the bottom and would therefore be unlikely to have access. However, if the new ST holder went to all away games that did become available (I would say that at least 10 go to any ST holder) over a couple of years they would have a chance of moving up the ladder. The more they go to the more games become available. Do that for 10 years and you would be able to get to the OT derby. With this system those currently at the top of the pile would continue to stay there as the majority will still go home and away each week, but it would stop it becoming a closed shop and enable younger/newer fans to be rewarded for loyalty.

Thoughts?

Was you bothered before you added your lad ??

Only joking pal - you have a point - dont know what they'll do though

skybluepete said:
GXCity said:
Having just renewed my ST's and adding my lad to the waiting list for 2015, it got me thinking how the hell could he ever get in a position to catch up my loyalty point total. I have 12k points and he will obviously start the 2015 season on next to nothing. Whilst I appreciate City let you buy junior tickets once the adult qualifies, regardless of their points total, he is never going to be in a position when he is older to get tickets for the big games such as OT, Barca away etc. Is it now time to revisit the system we currently use? We need to make sure that the younger element of our fan base can attend such games in the future.

We would obviously have to ensure that those at the top are not unfairly affected by any changes but also we need to ensure that the top points group do not disappear over the horizon, never to be caught.

The fairest way I can see would be to have a 10 year rolling period. For example, in the current season any points accrued before 2004 would drop off your points total. This wouldn't have any affect on the top group as they will still be in the highest band and therefore still be able to buy on the first couple of days. A new ST holder would still be at the bottom and would therefore be unlikely to have access. However, if the new ST holder went to all away games that did become available (I would say that at least 10 go to any ST holder) over a couple of years they would have a chance of moving up the ladder. The more they go to the more games become available. Do that for 10 years and you would be able to get to the OT derby. With this system those currently at the top of the pile would continue to stay there as the majority will still go home and away each week, but it would stop it becoming a closed shop and enable younger/newer fans to be rewarded for loyalty.

Thoughts?

Of course I didn't care before I added my lad to the waiting list. Why would I? I am sure everyone of us who has put a shift in over the years wants to protect their position. However, when I sat there and thought about it I could see an issue which will affect all of our young/new fans who are the clubs future. As the system has been in place for just over 10 years people have now found their natural position. In 90% of cases people would stay in their current position if only the last 10 years were used. Some would naturally drop down due to family, work circumstances and other newer fans would be able to get near the top. It would still take them 10 years to get there but they could do it if they went to all ST/open sale games. If they did get to the top after 10 years then that is a significant period of time and would be well deserved. Those who have got to the top over the last 10 years of loyalty points would, in most cases, stay there as they would continue to go as they are now.

If my lad gets a ST next year I will probably be on about 13.5k to 14k points. He would start on 1k. Based on 2k a year, by the time he reaches my tally by attending the games I take him to I will be on 27k points as will most of the other high points ST holders. As you can see he can never bridge that gap. If he had been accruing points over a sustained 10 year period then he will deserve to be up there with access to the 3 or 4 high profile games.

Oh well, I'll just send him to a supporters club when he's 18 :)

As many have said no perfect solution.
Whenever we get an allocation of about 3k tickets for the big games I'd love to go but I can never catch up on the points to qualify. I have 8,600 and go to about 5-7 away games each season plus europe when I can afford it. There is no way I ever get a league ticket for OT, Anfield or even Barca away a couple of months ago.

By default it's always the same people who will get tickets, those who can afford it and those who go to virtually every game and keep amassing points. Bit like a cartel but I can't buy my way in. If I could afford it I'd try to go to more games but am shut out partly because of pricing and partly because I can never catch up on the points needed for certain games. I could probably afford more games but can never get tickets.

Another option but not fair on those with more points than me, would be to allocate (say) 2500 for those in the top tier of loyalty points but allocate 500 to those who have attended a certain number of away games over a 2 or 3 year period. Again not perfect but at least it gives others a chance to see games and accumulate some points.

There is no perfect system.

You'll get the ones who have low loyalty points who say a change is need and those who have high loyalty points who say leave it as it is.

I predict in 5 years time that prices will be so high that they'll be enough tickets to go around for anyone who wants to re mortgage their house to purchase.

GXCity said:
skybluepete said:
GXCity said:

Thoughts?

Of course I didn't care before I added my lad to the waiting list. Why would I? I am sure everyone of us who has put a shift in over the years wants to protect their position. However, when I sat there and thought about it I could see an issue which will affect all of our young/new fans who are the clubs future. As the system has been in place for just over 10 years people have now found their natural position. In 90% of cases people would stay in their current position if only the last 10 years were used. Some would naturally drop down due to family, work circumstances and other newer fans would be able to get near the top. It would still take them 10 years to get there but they could do it if they went to all ST/open sale games. If they did get to the top after 10 years then that is a significant period of time and would be well deserved. Those who have got to the top over the last 10 years of loyalty points would, in most cases, stay there as they would continue to go as they are now.

If my lad gets a ST next year I will probably be on about 13.5k to 14k points. He would start on 1k. Based on 2k a year, by the time he reaches my tally by attending the games I take him to I will be on 27k points as will most of the other high points ST holders. As you can see he can never bridge that gap. If he had been accruing points over a sustained 10 year period then he will deserve to be up there with access to the 3 or 4 high profile games.

As i said- only joking with you pal.
My lads now 20 and had a season ticket since when we was at Maine road,he been lucky enough to attend all the Wembley games, he's massed up enough points to manage that but also for the last one we was in the cup scheme.
I haven't been to as many away games over the lat ten years as i used to when i was in my teens and 20's and so my lad hasn't been to as many.
He's now at an age where even if im not going away he and his mates really want to go away games but just cant get tickets and will very rarely do so because they just cant catch up with points.
So what you are now thinking about, many of us and more so our lads are experiencing it now .
Hope a solution can be found.

7 years ago we took 1900 to Wigan and 2000 to Everton for Saturday 3pm.

No one was too bothered about loyalty points then as not many wanted to go.

skybluepete said:
GXCity said:
skybluepete said:

My lads now 20 and had a season ticket since when we was at Maine road,he been lucky enough to attend all the Wembley games, he's massed up enough points to manage that but also for the last one we was in the cup scheme.
I haven't been to as many away games over the lat ten years as i used to when i was in my teens and 20's and so my lad hasn't been to as many.
He's now at an age where even if im not going away he and his mates really want to go away games but just cant get tickets and will very rarely do so because they just cant catch up with points.
So what you are now thinking about, many of us and more so our lads are experiencing it now .

I know you were only joking mate

If I had said a 2, 3 or 5 year period I would be pissed off with myself as it would seriously affect me and other high points holders. However, a 10 year period is a long time and is the same as we are currently at in the loyalty point era. No-one would be affected at the top level if they continued to go. It would just prevent a closed shop, and who knows it may even encourage people to get off there arses for the less popular aways as they know their loyalty would eventually be rewarded if they stuck at it? It would also stop the JCL's moaning when they couldn't get the big game tickets as there is a way to the top, as long as they were prepared to work at it.

GXCity said:
skybluepete said:
GXCity said:

I know you were only joking mate

If I had said a 2, 3 or 5 year period I would be pissed off with myself as it would seriously affect me and other high points holders. However, a 10 year period is a long time and is the same as we are currently at in the loyalty point era. No-one would be affected at the top level if they continued to go. It would just prevent a closed shop, and who knows it may even encourage people to get off there arses for the less popular aways as they know their loyalty would eventually be rewarded if they stuck at it? It would also stop the JCL's moaning when they couldn't get the big game tickets as there is a way to the top, as long as they were prepared to work at it.

Lets hope we can get something in place thats fair and allows all generations of blues to get to away games .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.