Luca Barrington

I dont think he’s supposedly our brightest talent in the age group, the guardian are not the be all and end all of how players are rated.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying the article is right, I'm saying it's weird that they've gone with a player quite a few of us have never heard of before.

You raise a good point about the covid situation though, I'd not thought about that.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying the article is right, I'm saying it's weird that they've gone with a player quite a few of us have never heard of before.

You raise a good point about the covid situation though, I'd not thought about that.
We've seen it almost every time these articles get published, they seem to just pull a name out of the hat rather than bother putting any actual thought into it.

I’m not too sure. I reckon that’s sort of the point of it, raise the profile of one of the slightly hidden talents. For example last season when we had Delap Palmer McAtee it was Mbete they chose, not saying they were wrong but a lot less people would’ve known about him for sure.

There have been about 2 u18 games on city tv this season, so for those mentioning other names in the age group and saying you’ve never heard of Barrington, how then exactly have you heard of the other names? (Please don’t tell me Instagram or other social media platforms )
My point is, unless a player has been in the media such as moving from one club to Man City, then unless there’s been a lot of games shown on city tv it’s unlikely as fans we’ve heard of many of them

…also it’s not always the gold medalists who come through, watch out for the silver and bronze lads, the ones who’ve had to fight for something throughout the age groups and not had everything handed to them on a plate.

There have been about 2 u18 games on city tv this season, so for those mentioning other names in the age group and saying you’ve never heard of Barrington, how then exactly have you heard of the other names? (Please don’t tell me Instagram or other social media platforms )
My point is, unless a player has been in the media such as moving from one club to Man City, then unless there’s been a lot of games shown on city tv it’s unlikely as fans we’ve heard of many of them
Katongo, Lewis and O’Reilly have played in multiple televised club games, as well as England games. And then some of the others are carrying over from last season a bit like mebude so we’ve heard of them. It also only really takes 1/2 games to see who a standout is. An u16 game against Thailand or something was televised last season and I remember watching and the two players I picked up on where o’Reilly and Lewis, both have already skipped to U23s this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.