Lucas Moura

Thenumber1blue said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:
United's buys have been shrewd and quite fantastic. To claim otherwise is just silly. Kagawa, adds an AM dimension to their game. Moura in my opinion, probably reminds Ferguson of Ronaldo. An immensely skilled player (with tricks and speed you cant teach) who can be trained into productivity the way Ronaldo was after a few years. If they add either a the LB from Everton or Van Persie, they would had perhaps a more impressive summer than anyone in the league. I truly hope they get neither. Cuz right now they have done quite well.
Arsenal too has done very well with additions of Giroud, and Podolski. if they pull off the (Carzola, and Sahin) deals, they too would have improved immensely. Now don't get me wrong, I dont think any of these players are world best. But you have to compare what is coming in to what is being replaced.
We know what Chelsea has done so far, Marin, The Belgian, and Oscar. We don't know how they;d pan out. But that is a scary talent accumulation. rumors of adding Moses to that list too.

The point here is that all the teams around us, have tooled up. We need to too.

I am really hopeful that the Agger, De Rossi, Sinclair trifecta comes to fruition. That will mean, we too have strengthened at every weakness.

Now that wouldn't guarantee us the league, but it would put us in pole position. The league will be won over the season, not on some belief of who has the most talented squad.
How would signing Sinclair be strengthening the squad?
I thought this.
I saw him at Swansea. Just coz he is stinking it up at the Olympics doesn't mean his speed and skill would not add a different dimension to our robust passing (yet sometimes bogged down style). I saw Messi at the Copa America too. Should we conclude he too wouldn't improve us based on that?

Dax777 said:
Thenumber1blue said:
pudge said:
How would signing Sinclair be strengthening the squad?
I thought this.
I saw him at Swansea. Just coz he is stinking it up at the Olympics doesn't mean his speed and skill would not add a different dimension to our robust passing (yet sometimes bogged down style). I saw Messi at the Copa America too. Should we conclude he too wouldn't improve us based on that?
Yeah, because we had never heard nor seen Sinclair play outside of the Olympics, thank God we have you..

He's a mid table premiership player, who's not good enough for a team who wants to defend the title and challenge for the Champions League, at least.

Sinclair would be such a step backwards, we should definitely buy Lucas he would turn our attack up a gear.

If united get him for £30m then its a steal for them.the kid is 19 and already this good, with our side he would be training and playing with world class players so would improve his game to a scary level, his sell on value easily be double the asking price.

mancboy123 said:
Whats quite funny to me is when we signed players all you hear well they might not fit in in the english league its a tougher league than they are used to etc etc.

Hazard. moura, giroud, podolski are all coming from much weaker leagues but are all being deemed as being unbridled successes in the premier league, we have to wait and see how they perform, yes other teams have tooled up of this there is no doubt but what people are somewhat forgetting is that we have acquired a 'new' striker in a certain mr tevez who was missing for a large proportion of last season, balotelli missed a quarter of last season 2.

People have bought but that does not necessarily mean they have bought well it remains to be seen, we just assume that cos its united the player will be the best, forlan, veron etc turned out not quite so well. I have said it before there is very few surprises anymore people know about these players and have deemed them not worth the money or not suitable for the system.
It is those who think the Premiership football is played on Mars that tend to have this opinion. We saw how right that opinion has been often. I mean can't you see how shit the soft and small SIlva and Aguero turned out for us?

Don't rate Podolski very highly, and have mostly seen highlights of Giroud. But Certainly either would bring more to Arsenal than Chamakh and Bendtner ever did. So no matter how you look at it, (even if this guys don't reach their peaks) it stands to reason that their additions will improve Arsenal's overall lot. Same for Chelsea. Until Marin, Hazard and Oscar got there, you could count the number of Chelsea's creative talent on one finger, Mata!

Don't get me wrong, I am not scared: Matter of fact, I am more excited than anything. Even if we stand pat, we will be damn good. But to not acknowledge the improvement of the team around us is just silly in my opinion. United, Arsenal and Chelsea fans should all be tickled silly, with their signings. Lord knows, I was when we got Yaya, SIlva and Aguero. And they've all been Majestic in my opinion.

Thenumber1blue said:
J3SUS said:
Sinclair would be such a step backwards, we should definitely buy Lucas he would turn our attack up a gear.
It'd be like Barcelona signing Moses.

Sinclair has done better in the Premier League than Ibrahim Afellay had done in the Dutch league the season before Barca signed him.

Mancini wants more pace and width in the squad (Salsano confirmed he wanted wingers a few months ago), people are being harsh on Sinclair who ticks a fair few check boxes such as proving that he can play well in a highly technical system (Swansea are as pass-based than we are). Sinclair also has also proven to be a good goal scorer from a winger position with 8 goals last season and 22 goals the season before. An imperfect player but he wouldn't be starting every week.

Valencia the season before United signed him: 31 appearances, 3 goals, 4 assists

Sinclair last season: 34 appearances, 8 goals, 4 assists

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
J3SUS said:

Sinclair has done better in the Premier League than Ibrahim Afellay had done in the Dutch league the season before Barca signed him.

Mancini wants more pace and width in the squad (Salsano confirmed he wanted wingers a few months ago), people are being harsh on Sinclair who ticks a fair few check boxes such as proving that he can play well in a highly technical system (Swansea are as pass-based than we are). Sinclair also has also proven to be a good goal scorer from a winger position with 8 goals last season and 22 goals the season before. An imperfect player but he wouldn't be starting every week.

Valencia the season before United signed him: 31 appearances, 3 goals, 4 assists

Sinclair is one of Swansea's go to players, a lot of their play goes through him.

Last season, AJ had 7 goals and 4 assists.

pudge said:
LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Sinclair is one of Swansea's go to players, a lot of their play goes through him.

But AJ doesn't offer the pace that the Sinclair story claims Mancini wants and he has been disappointing yet again in pre-season. And 2 of those assists were in the Carling Cup early rounds. It's pretty obvious watching Johnson that he just doesn't have many ideas and doesn't have the pace or ingenuity anymore to beat his man. Makeshift full-back Jack Colback putting Johnson in his pocket was the eye-opener for many City fans but the signs were there before that, ever since his injury he's looked like he plays with a sack of potatoes on his shoulders and doesn't provide the traditional winger threat that Mancini presumably wants to add to the squad.

LoveCity said:
pudge said:
LoveCity said:

But AJ doesn't offer the pace that the Sinclair story claims Mancini wants and he has been disappointing yet again in pre-season. And 2 of those assists were in the Carling Cup early rounds.
So what if they were in the Carling Cup? I wouldn't have complained if we had won it?

This Sinclair story is a few lines in The Mirror with no quotes, so I wouldn't take it as Gospel just yet.

If Mancini wants pace and width to replace Johnson, and sees it as a position of need. We can do a lot better than Sinclair.

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
J3SUS said:

Oops! There it is. Someone who gets how football works. Tired of having to explain these things to the Pudges of the world :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.