Lucas Moura

Think replacing Nani with him would be a mistake. Young would be my choice if I were making space, he's overrated and was exposed as a diving, cheating **** last season.

I just cant get my head around 30m for Lucas though, only seen him a few times but you can see what type of player he is.

pudge said:
Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Ah, so you'll just ignore my reply (to this and to your posts) and just be arrogant instead.

Ok :P

Sometimes, it is fun to act like I am you :p

But back to being humble and not you. Your response compares stats. But yet I don't think those are the most important considerations. That Sinclair is the fulcrum of Swansea and AJ outdid him statistically isn't wholly determinative. Swansea is by nature a low scoring team. They keep possession in their half of the field comfortably for stretches on purpose. Ball possession is a form of defense for them. So they as a whole have depressed numbers. Lovecity gave you an example of Valencia's stats as the fulcrum of Wigan before coming to United. And what his unique skillset has been able to help United do. That is the key here. City a passing team, getting a player well versed in the passing culture (I.e. a higher chance of him being able to fit well) with a unique skillset of speed and trickery. His stats are not as important, simply because he doesn't play on a Stat happy team. His ability to pass is more important, coz that will help him fit better on our team. His speed and trickery are important, coz it increase our overall speed.

That was my reasoning. I was just cooking while I wrote the original claim, and didn't feel like writing all this at that very minute. Not to mention, since it was you, I figured I could make you wait :P
So, what out of all I've said and discussed in this tread is not "humble" or "arrogant"?

Your doing nothing to quell the notion of your own arrogance by the way.
never said anything you said on "This Thread" was "not humble or arrogant." But surely this comment: "Yeah, because we had never heard nor seen Sinclair play outside of the Olympics, thank God we have you.." came close. If not arrogant, it surely was douchebaggy.

But that is besides the point. The reality is when it comes to my comments, it is clear your intent is to try to insult, ridicule or challenge them no matter what they are. I wouldn't be surprised if you challenge an "Aguero is a good player" so long as it was Dax who said it.

You don't come to discuss or argue against an idea. You come to argue the individual, when it comes to my comments. I argue and disagree with many forumers on many players and ideas of how we play, who we play or who is better e.t.c. Including LoveCity, Mancio, Fantasyireland, Andouble, Ibrags, Rammy and a host of others. Yet, I respect their opinions because it simply is a difference in opinion. It is no surprise that I also sometimes agree wholehearteldly with some of their opinions, as they some of mine. That suggests honest debate.

But with you, I know not one thing you agree with me on. This suggests it is not about the debate with you, but about the debater.

I am almost certain had it been someone else who suggested getting Sinclair/Agger/De Rossi would improve us, you more than likely would have passed on the comment without batting an eyelid. But since it was Dax, you have to find what is wrong with it.

And this is not to suggest there is not an argument to be made that Sinclair doesn't improve us. There is. But the fact that I was the one who made the comment, seems to be what makes it an issue for you.

But hey, I love the back and forth, and I am always up for it.

jlc09 said:
30m is crazy.

And Ferguson said Hazard was overpriced! He might well be but I know who I'd rather.
I would rather have Lucas to be fair. Hazard is very talented, but he strikes me as a player who will shy away from things when it gets tough. Lucas is raw, but his pace is out of this world. he's basically Walcott with technique. and we have seen how well Walcott has done in this league with just sheer pace

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:
Sometimes, it is fun to act like I am you :p

But back to being humble and not you. Your response compares stats. But yet I don't think those are the most important considerations. That Sinclair is the fulcrum of Swansea and AJ outdid him statistically isn't wholly determinative. Swansea is by nature a low scoring team. They keep possession in their half of the field comfortably for stretches on purpose. Ball possession is a form of defense for them. So they as a whole have depressed numbers. Lovecity gave you an example of Valencia's stats as the fulcrum of Wigan before coming to United. And what his unique skillset has been able to help United do. That is the key here. City a passing team, getting a player well versed in the passing culture (I.e. a higher chance of him being able to fit well) with a unique skillset of speed and trickery. His stats are not as important, simply because he doesn't play on a Stat happy team. His ability to pass is more important, coz that will help him fit better on our team. His speed and trickery are important, coz it increase our overall speed.

That was my reasoning. I was just cooking while I wrote the original claim, and didn't feel like writing all this at that very minute. Not to mention, since it was you, I figured I could make you wait :P
So, what out of all I've said and discussed in this tread is not "humble" or "arrogant"?

Your doing nothing to quell the notion of your own arrogance by the way.
never said anything you said on "This Thread" was "not humble or arrogant." But surely this comment: "Yeah, because we had never heard nor seen Sinclair play outside of the Olympics, thank God we have you.." came close. If not arrogant, it surely was douchebaggy.

But that is besides the point. The reality is when it comes to my comments, it is clear your intent is to try to insult, ridicule or challenge them no matter what they are. I wouldn't be surprised if you challenge an "Aguero is a good player" so long as it was Dax who said it.

You don't come to discuss or argue against an idea. You come to argue the individual, when it comes to my comments. I argue and disagree with many forumers on many players and ideas of how we play, who we play or who is better e.t.c. Including LoveCity, Mancio, Fantasyireland, Andouble, Ibrags, Rammy and a host of others. Yet, I respect their opinions because it simply is a difference in opinion. It is no surprise that I also sometimes agree wholehearteldly with some of their opinions, as they some of mine. That suggests honest debate.

But with you, I know not one thing you agree with me on. This suggests it is not about the debate with you, but about the debater.

I am almost certain had it been someone else who suggested getting Sinclair/Agger/De Rossi would improve us, you more than likely would have passed on the comment without batting an eyelid. But since it was Dax, you have to find what is wrong with it.

And this is not to suggest there is not an argument to be made that Sinclair doesn't improve us. There is. But the fact that I was the one who made the comment, seems to be what makes it an issue for you.

But hey, I love the back and forth, and I am always up for it.
Your comment that led to my response was rather arrogant, when you indicated they we had not seen him play and were judging him solely on his Olympic performances. True?

Also, I don't recall "challenging" you? You said Sinclair would strengthen/improve our squad, I asked why is that (Which is trying to discuss something, so there's something else you have gotten wrong)

And I only recall seeing a post saying how RVP/Agger/DDR would improve us, I have only witnessed with my own eyes, YOU saying Sinclair would improve us, and even then I attempted to open a discussion with you on it, you ignored the post and instead "attacked" me first.

I have no idea were this 'personal vendetta I have against you' theory has come from, but you clearly brought this argument upon yourself.

Marvin said:
Ferguson stayed in Manchester while Utd in Norwegian pre-season game. backs up newspaper claims that he stayed behind to wrap up Moura transfer.

Would be a very odd signing as he looks very raw to me and Utd do not need another winger.
I don't think that is how Ferguson sees the signing of Moura. If I am reading this right, Ferguson sees Moura as the new Ronaldo. An immensly skilled and speedy footballer, with the potential of becoming the world's best like Ronaldo was when he joined them. Right now, he overdribbles, believes to much in his individual ability, and speed, and makes many dumb decisions. But his individual talents dwarfs those of most in his age range. Fergie probably sees himself as the guy to focus that talent and turn it into it devastating best. Seeing Fergies pedigree, I wouldn't be quick to discount his belief.

Who replaces Nani or not is wholly irrelevant when it comes to the acquisition of Moura. He is simply a talent who has world best potential. And if he reaches his projected peak, none of the players United currently have would matter. He would simply be the teams lighning rod. whereever he ends up in the 11. That is what I think Moura's purchase suggest.

30 mil is a high cost to pay, but the potential to earn it is there.

Dax777 said:
Marvin said:
Ferguson stayed in Manchester while Utd in Norwegian pre-season game. backs up newspaper claims that he stayed behind to wrap up Moura transfer.

Would be a very odd signing as he looks very raw to me and Utd do not need another winger.
I don't think that is how Ferguson sees the signing of Moura. If I am reading this right, Ferguson sees Moura as the new Ronaldo. An immensly skilled and speedy footballer, with the potential of becoming the world's best like Ronaldo was when he joined them. Right now, he overdribbles, believes to much in his individual ability, and speed, and makes many dumb decisions. But his individual talents dwarfs those of most in his age range. Fergie probably sees himself as the guy to focus that talent and turn it into it devastating best. Seeing Fergies pedigree, I wouldn't be quick to discount his belief.

Who replaces Nani or not is wholly irrelevant when it comes to the acquisition of Moura. He is simply a talent who has world best potential. And if he reaches his projected peak, none of the players United currently have would matter. He would simply be the teams lighning rod. whereever he ends up in the 11. That is what I think Moura's purchase suggest.

Well said.

Dax777 said:
Marvin said:

Didn't see anything in the Olympics and England friendly to justify such claims

Jo was the Brazilian No. 9 not so long ago so maybe a few people are getting over-excited about Moura's inclusion as a sub in a reserve Brazil.

If he signs for Utd, then where does Nani fit in?

Not many will like this statement but I bet we go in for Nani if United get Moura.

He fits everything Mancini needs/wants - fast, tricky winger with a great cross, who can get you a shed load of assists and at least 10 goals a season in all competitions, and perfect for Edin.

I just see it happenening. Still relatively young as well.

sam-caddick said:
Not many will like this statement but I bet we go in for Nani if United get Moura.

He fits everything Mancini needs/wants - fast, tricky winger with a great cross, who can get you a shed load of assists and at least 10 goals a season in all competitions, and perfect for Edin.

I just see it happenening. Still relatively young as well.

They won't sell any players to us and if they do they will overcharge us by some distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.