Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will also add to the lure of CFG if we have more than one club with a real chance of making an impact at the highest level.

A Champions League challenging Girona will be a Manchester City lite in La Liga, & won't seem like a downgrade on City, but a realistic stepping stone to City, or another top European club.
Indeed. Once we get Palermo into and established in Serie A we’ll be able to attract more players there as well. Slowly, slowly.

Bellingham was never coming to City. The speculation seems it was based on him not confirming or denying his intentions one way or the other. He all but said it was only ever Real.

However I do agree that this season's relative struggles could prompt City to act early & decisive to ensure we get our targets as best we can.

The likes of Paqueta would've made a huge difference to us this season, hence why I think a deal could be struck irrespective of the completion of his betting investigation.
Good post. May not happen but it’s clear that Paqueta would have made a huge difference.. We would probably be clear in the league now

Good post. May not happen but it’s clear that Paqueta would have made a huge difference.. We would probably be clear in the league now
There were many times we needed Gundog's midfield control & attacking prowess. Neither Kovavcic, & definitely not Nunes have come anywhere close to replacing what we lost with Ilkay, & we've suffered as a result.

I think most agree that Paqueta may have been that difference maker for City this season, especially when Kev was out & a bit rusty after returning from injury.

Paqueta & a proper CDM to challenge, rotate & cover for Rodri would've seen us clear in the PL imo...

He would have made much more of an impact than Nunes, however I do wonder where he would have played and how would that impact the likes of Phil, Bernie, Julian and Bobb.

It’s done isn’t it, bar the clubs agreeing a transfer fee. It would have been done last Summer if it wasn’t for the betting allegations.

There were many times we needed Gundog's midfield control & attacking prowess. Neither Kovavcic, & definitely not Nunes have come anywhere close to replacing what we lost with Ilkay, & we've suffered as a result.

I think most agree that Paqueta may have been that difference maker for City this season, especially when Kev was out & a bit rusty after returning from injury.

Paqueta & a proper CDM to challenge, rotate & cover for Rodri would've seen us clear in the PL imo...
Absolutely

Pep sees things I don't see

I wasn't convinced when he signed Rodri, lets hope Paqueta will be another lesson for me.

Pep and Txiki have wanted Lucas for years now but we always had other areas that needed work first, this is Peps main target for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.