Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep and Txiki have wanted Lucas for years now but we always had other areas that needed work first, this is Peps main target for a reason.

I hope so. He undoubtedly has ability, but when I've watched West Ham I've seen him taking risks on the ball in deep areas and I feel like he would drive Pep crazy. Seems possibly a bit too much of a free spirit, but I guess if he could adapt then we'd have a player.

I hope so. He undoubtedly has ability, but when I've watched West Ham I've seen him taking risks on the ball in deep areas and I feel like he would drive Pep crazy. Seems possibly a bit too much of a free spirit, but I guess if he could adapt then we'd have a player.

cant really compare him trying to do everything at West Ham himself compared to who he would be playing with here though mate? I think he gets pissed off as his team mates currently just arent on his level?

Paqueta's currently playing for dog of war David Moyes. His Brazil performances are a better indicator of his abilities.

Pep and Txiki have wanted Lucas for years now but we always had other areas that needed work first, this is Peps main target for a reason.
We also bought Phillips in between Guimaraes signing for Newcastle and Paqueta signing for West Ham. Somewhere along the line somebody dropped a rather expensive clanger.

We also bought Phillips in between Guimaraes signing for Newcastle and Paqueta signing for West Ham. Somewhere along the line somebody dropped a rather expensive clanger.
Due diligence only goes so far. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Most of us were cool on Rodri during his first two seasons & would've snapped someone's hand off if offered our £63m back, because he was no Fernandinho.

However, Rodri became Rodri, & Philips was supposed to be our new Fernandinho. It's hasn't worked out, & we desperately need cover & competition for our most important player.

Perhaps Guimarães is that player or Neves? For me, Paqueta's a replacement for Gundog.

True mate but i was delighted with the Phillips signing to be honest as a backup for Rodri? Was great for Leeds that season in the premier league and possibly Englands best player in the Euro`s? Pep and Txiki would no doubt have trusted Bielsa`s opinion of Phillips?

It’s done isn’t it, bar the clubs agreeing a transfer fee. It would have been done last Summer if it wasn’t for the betting allegations.
Don't think we need to agree a fee this summer because his release clause kicks in.

I like Lucas Paqueta and think he will be a good fit for City. He would fill a gap, especially if Bernardo moves on.

Due diligence only goes so far. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Most of us were cool on Rodri during his first two seasons & would've snapped someone's hand off if offered our £63m back, because he was no Fernandinho.

However, Rodri became Rodri, & Philips was supposed to be our new Fernandinho. It's hasn't worked out, & we desperately need cover & competition for our most important player.

Perhaps Guimarães is that player or Neves? For me, Paqueta's a replacement for Gundog.
All for bringing him on board, assuming the allegations are unfounded, though if he is Gundogan’s replacement, it begs why we bought Kovacic. After all, he was landed long before the clouds gathered over Paqueta.

All for bringing him on board, assuming the allegations are unfounded, though if he is Gundogan’s replacement, it begs why we bought Kovacic. After all, he was landed long before the clouds gathered over Paqueta.
i think kova was bought as an able debutant for rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.