Lucas Paquetá

So Leeds born Philips is NONHG?
yep - place of birth has no bearing.

You can have four trained in the Nation (Carson, Ake, Walker , Stones) anyone over that regardless of nationality or place of birth is NON-HG (not counting trained at the club (Foden, Lewis, Bobb)

so Phillips and Grealish fall into the 17 non-hg spaces

yep - place of birth has no bearing.

You can have four trained in the Nation (Carson, Ake, Walker , Stones) anyone over that regardless of nationality or place of birth is NON-HG (not counting trained at the club (Foden, Lewis, Bobb)

so Phillips and Grealish fall into the 17 non-hg spaces
It's not my understanding of it, but I'll happily take your word for it.

It's evident now we'd have been better off keeping Lavia & forgoing Philips, however none of us are Mystic Meg & could've envisaged how either player's immediate futures would've panned out.

Looking at it pragmatically, the smart money would've been on backing Philips to be a success, with Lavia needing time to develop. Shit happens, innit?
I think that the last couple of seasons have highlighted that we might have been paying a premium for players whom we thought would be better than they were. Similarly, we might have been selling academy prospects at a price lower than their value.

I’d settle for Paqueta and Neves this summer if it meant Lewis and Bobb got more playing time and McAtee got a season to prove his worth.

I think that the last couple of seasons have highlighted that we might have been paying a premium for players whom we thought would be better than they were. Similarly, we might have been selling academy prospects at a price lower than their value.

I’d settle for Paqueta and Neves this summer if it meant Lewis and Bobb got more playing time and McAtee got a season to prove his worth.
Do you think McAtee has a future here? Can Bobb step up & replace KDB or Foden at the highest level if required? What's Lewis's best position, & can he replace Walker now or stand in for Rodders? I'm a huge fan of Bobb & Lewis BTW.

Agreed with Paqueta & Neves. I just suspect with Kev's injuries & age, & the annual "Will he, won't he" situation with Bernardo, I think we need to be planning & blooding their long-term replacements from now, whether that be internally, or bringing in outside reinforcements.

Association trained is 3 years at an English or Welsh academy before the age of 21, note not Scottish. Slightly different for European competition where there are A and B lists.
Also why Frimpong will be home grown for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.