Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I really don't understand this deal unless they've got plans for Phillips to leave and they've got something lined up. They could sign Olise and Doku for less than the cost of Paqueta and addres a more needed area.
As the winger-market is garbage I think Pep will move Bernardo and Foden out wide more as options with Paqueta coming in centrally to cover.

I really don't understand this deal unless they've got plans for Phillips to leave and they've got something lined up. They could sign Olise and Doku for less than the cost of Paqueta and addres a more needed area.
Presumably not interested in Doku and Olise but are in Paqueta. Simple really.

As the winger-market is garbage I think Pep will move Bernardo and Foden out wide more as options with Paqueta coming in centrally to cover.
Tolmie says we'll sign both positions. We have bare P mate.

I like him. He's a good player. A bit of Brazilian flair will be fun, I think he's got the kind of high risk high reward playmaking that only KDB gives us at the moment, with Bernardo, Kovacic, Phil, Grealish all prioritising ball retention over chance creation - which is great but you need someone with a bit more ambition sometimes which is why this is KDB's team.

However, we could have bought him for £75m in June. To pay £115m after the season has started would be a serious failure of management.

And people can say "not my money" etc and that's true, but it's childishly ignorant to pretend overpaying by something like £40m isn't going to have repercussions somewhere.

I also don't think he can do anything we've not already got. He's certainly not walking into the starting XI, so why commit so much of our great but not limitless resources on this player.

I don't see it. Trust in Pep etc. but it all feels very last minute, very reactionary to me.

Where are you getting that we couls have got him for 75m on June? Or that we would spend 115m on him now?

Still blows my mind that players say this.

And people probably won’t like this, but only once you’ve joined the company of clubs who’ve won the old European Cup, or the newer Champions League, do you become that kind of club on the international scene. For my own part, I never felt that we had to win the CL, or that Pep’s status would be tarnished if we didn’t. But it’s the kind of thing that puts stars in players’ eyes, if the money on offer is more or less equal. That’s just the way it is.

By the way, I’d rather go for the player on the left for that kind of money. Very nice indeed.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.