Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

More than we offered for Rice? Not buying it.
Any figures being banded about in the press are either made up or from the West Ham end.

Having said that, we’re in need of a creative midfielder more than a box to box midfielder like Rice is. Therefore, we might be willing to pay more for someone we want more.

Actually, I do recognise that this would be a much more exciting transfer (setting the price aside for a minute). Ok, it’s only one match, I know, but Rice did not impress me at all at the weekend. Not one bit.
Ødegaard, now, that’s a different story.
Rice has looked miles off it all preseason. I'm in no way saying he's going to flop but he's going to be on the ball in the opposing half far more than he ever was at West Ham and that's really not his game. Even with England when they're dominating some bottom feeder, he's never looking to get involved in the attack. I think the transition is going to be tougher for him than it would be for Paqueta to us.

Only reason why we might go that high is that he's a long term replacement for someone in the squad , 6 year contract as well.

The transfer market world wants to tell us that WH had a +£200m midfield last year. lol. Perhaps £30/40m+KP would be reasonable.

It`s surprising that we think KDB/Bernardo/Kova/Foden/Alvarez/McAtee/Grealish/Perrone/Palmer/Bobb/Gomez/Lewis aren`t good enough in terms of numbers/quality to fill up 2 positions. Anything about this bid makes me dissapointed. Txiki saving £7-10m in long negotiations with RBL only to massively overspend on Paqueta? The talents from the youth academy (the best in the uk over 3/4 years) are neglected again. It seems even Foden will struggle for game time. Do we spent more than £70m for a bench/rotational player? i doubt it.

Paqueta (already 25) is talented but failed at Milan, small renaissance in a weak french league & had more than an average season at WH. The x-caps for the national team have less meaning cuz the talent isn`t there anymore & he is not the guy who leads their country to past glory. £50m last year was worth a punt but not this year (after winning everything) for +£70m. Let`s trust our youth or perhaps invest the money in a pacey winger (profile of a player we only have with Foden,(Gomez) cuz we already sold Borges,Mebude).

I like him. He's a good player. A bit of Brazilian flair will be fun, I think he's got the kind of high risk high reward playmaking that only KDB gives us at the moment, with Bernardo, Kovacic, Phil, Grealish all prioritising ball retention over chance creation - which is great but you need someone with a bit more ambition sometimes which is why this is KDB's team.

However, we could have bought him for £75m in June. To pay £115m after the season has started would be a serious failure of management.

And people can say "not my money" etc and that's true, but it's childishly ignorant to pretend overpaying by something like £40m isn't going to have repercussions somewhere.

I also don't think he can do anything we've not already got. He's certainly not walking into the starting XI, so why commit so much of our great but not limitless resources on this player.

I don't see it. Trust in Pep etc. but it all feels very last minute, very reactionary to me.
Its also "childishly ignorant" to believe some fucker off Twitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.