Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

It's not my money & if we think he is the right player & we can afford it, then fair play. It just seems a mental amount of money for a player hardly anyone has been talking about. It's not like he set the PL on fire last season. The market is crazy at the moment.
Haven't we been done this road before. Watching the game last night on US Network & Lee Dixon roughly said that Akanji is probably the best bit of transfer business in the last decade.
100m is a hell of a lot of money but so was £60m for Mahrez at the time. The board have shown in the past especially with Mahrez & Grealish that if they think it's worth it then they will spend the cash.

Haven't we been done this road before. Watching the game last night on US Network & Lee Dixon roughly said that Akanji is probably the best bit of transfer business in the last decade.
100m is a hell of a lot of money but so was £60m for Mahrez at the time. The board have shown in the past especially with Mahrez & Grealish that if they think it's worth it then they will spend the cash.

I'm sure we will only pay what we think he is worth. This kind of fee makes the Grealish one look reasonable, so maybe in a few years we will look back and say this fee was good business at the time, when people are then paying over £200m for players.

80m and Palmer is batshit crazy. Surely there is an alternative who doesn't play for a Premier League club who have already sold their best midfielder for 100m.
Do you not think that the club, with probably the best scouting network in the world have looked & haven't seen anyone who fits what Pep wants & is obtainable.

I'm sure we will only pay what we think he is worth. This kind of fee makes the Grealish one look reasonable, so maybe in a few years we will look back and say this fee was good business at the time, when people are then paying over £200m for players.
The market has gone crazy when you think Caicedo at £111m, Rice £115m & Enzo at £105m are the norm, good players but you wouldn't say they were top 5 players in the world.
Aguero for £38m was a hell of a lot of money at the time but now is a steal.

Do you not think that the club, with probably the best scouting network in the world have looked & haven't seen anyone who fits what Pep wants & is obtainable.

If the price is 80m and Palmer then he isn't obtainable from my perspective. Thats a 120m outlay on someone nobody even wanted 3 weeks ago. I like the player and he'd do well for us. But this is nuts. Unless we can somehow convince them to take the Yorkshire pudding off our hands for a significant portion of the fee this deal is dead in the water imo. Whats the point of selling Palmer when we would just need to sign another winger for 50 million to replace him (and Doku is half the player Cole is)

If the price is 80m and Palmer then he isn't fucking obtainable from my perspective. Thats a 120m outlay on someone nobody even wanted 3 weeks ago. I like the player and he'd do well for us. But this is nuts. Unless we can somehow convince them to take the Yorkshire pudding off our hands for a significant portion of the fee this deal is dead in the water imo. Whats the point of selling Palmer when we would just need to sign another winger for 50 million to replace him (and fucking Doku is half the player Cole is)
What a load of nonsense.

80m and Palmer is batshit crazy. Surely there is an alternative who doesn't play for a Premier League club who have already sold their best midfielder for 100m.
If its 80-85 its gonna be Cole on loan... If they are buying him, City rejected 30m from Brighton apparently. So they'll get a fair price if City gets a fair one for Paqueta.

If its 80-85 its gonna be Cole on loan... If they are buying him, City rejected 30m from Brighton apparently. So they'll get a fair price if City gets a fair one for Paqueta.

So West Ham will just drop their best forward Bowen to develop Cole for a year for City then ? If we sell him for 40 million and buy Doku for 50 then we've wasted 10 million and made the team worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.