Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I am certain that all the praise he is getting here would be pure mockery if Liverpool or United were trying to sign him for 90m.
Majority of the players they sign flop though so yeah I'd laugh it off as yet more money thrown down the drain. Us on the other hand very rarely get it wrong and our signings go onto have great careers contributing to multiple trophy wins.

The only way I personally judge a potential player signing for us is - will this player add something to the squad to make us improve? The answer to this is absolutely yes.

Who gives a flying duck about how much we pay, if it adds something to an incredible squad then that’s fine by me.

Someone like maddison I don’t think would have added anything, but Paqueta is an absolute gem of a player and I’d say is fairly unique within our squad. He is a tenacious workhorse, who has a wand for a left foot and is great at slipping the ball through (as the conference final showed). In the cm role as one of the 8s he’d look great as one of the 2 ahead of Rodri plus I’ve seen him play as an inverted rw too.

He’s young, left footed, versatile, used to premiership football, seemingly a good character, fits a hole left in the squad and wants to come and to top it off is a starter for Brazil.

Fingers crossed this gets done!

at this price we should abandon this deal and look to europe. these midfielders going for north of £60m are not worth anything near that.
Ok but for who?

The PL and Saudi league has destroyed the market, we go for any top European based player it's going to be crazy expensive.

Florian Wirtz looks a player, but I would imagine he will be close to 100m Euros in this market if we wanted him this window.

The only way I personally judge a potential player signing for us is - will this player add something to the squad to make us improve? The answer to this is absolutely yes.

Who gives a flying duck about how much we pay, if it adds something to an incredible squad then that’s fine by me.

Someone like maddison I don’t think would have added anything, but Paqueta is an absolute gem of a player and I’d say is fairly unique within our squad. He is a tenacious workhorse, who has a wand for a left foot and is great at slipping the ball through (as the conference final showed). In the cm role as one of the 8s he’d look great as one of the 2 ahead of Rodri plus I’ve seen him play as an inverted rw too.

He’s young, left footed, versatile, used to premiership football, seemingly a good character, fits a hole left in the squad and wants to come and to top it off is a starter for Brazil.

Fingers crossed this gets done!
With our turnover, prize money and the money we have raised from the academy I now agree with you.

We are cash rich, so *uck it and flex our muscles and get in the players Pep wants.

With Paqueta I always thought he was a fancy luxury player trying too many flicks and tricks, after watching plenty of him over the last week he is a very different player to that.

He can put a shift in, strong as an ox and also has the tricks to go with it, he would fit in easily and would improve us considerably.

We paid 40m for Phillips who looks out of his depth, so paying double for a player with far better technic and pedigree seems fair to me.

I will reiterate once again, we should have sign Maddison. He is proven quality, meanwhile we are still wondering if Paqueta is just another samba dancer that thinks the football field is a ballroom or something. Some healthy dose of realism is needed when it comes to Paqueta and his ability.
50 caps for Brazil says different...
Plus Maddison is an absolute wanker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.