Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

There's no KDB immediate successor at the moment in football.

He is once of generation talent kind of guy and will never been seen again in decades.

And just like Silva and Yaya there will be no direct replacement signed - Pep will shake it up again.

Wirtz could be the guy to come in next season but like you say, KDB is truly unique and special but can help Wirtz for a year or two learning from the best
I think he has the most assists per 90 than any other player in football history, so pretty much irreplaceable. Like we have in the past though, we’ll just sign a player that will become a key player in their own way.

I think he has the most assists per 90 than any other player in football history, so pretty much irreplaceable.

KDB is one of a kind so the club or hopefully Pep still will have to alter things again for the next guy coming in but hopefully we still have a fit KDB for the next couple of years!

I just hate the whole Premier League proven thing. It's complete nonsense.
"PL proven" these days just means that you have played in the Premier League, a term mainly used by people who only watch PL and thinks every other league is a farmers league. Half our squad wasn't "PL proven" when we signed them, worked out well anyway. Absolutely no guarantee "PL proven" players would work in our team either, look at Kalvin Phillips.

I think Paqueta would suit us well, looks like a player that would fit right in. Versatile, works hard, technical, press resistent, flair, Brazil international regular, just won a (small) European final with an assist to the winning goal.

The fee seems to be huge and there are probably other options out there that offer better "value", but the market is crazy and I'm not an accountant. If he plays well for us I'm not that bothered about the fee as long as the club can afford it. Transfer fees will only keep going up and what seems like bad value today can look like good value in 1-2 years.

The only thing that bothers me about this deal is that it looks like Palmer could be sold and go the other way. I usually have no problem with us letting youth players go, the truth is that they will rarely make it here anyway. But I really rate Palmer, he is more ready than any of the other youngsters we have sold in recent years and I think there is a big risk we could end up regretting selling him in just a few months. Would prefer it if we could include Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, McAtee or any of our other young players in that deal. Or if Kalvin could somehow be convinced to go.

Last time I was on this thread, people were half excited he was coming, get him in, pep knows etc.

Now it is back to overrated, not good enough, average, overpriced, the samba maddison, etc.

What happened? Other than he played a game, by all accounts, quite well.
think its his fifa23 stats :)

I will reiterate once again, we should have sign Maddison. He is proven quality, meanwhile we are still wondering if Paqueta is just another samba dancer that thinks the football field is a ballroom or something. Some healthy dose of realism is needed when it comes to Paqueta and his ability.
With your knowledge, why are you not involved in football at a professional level.
I'm indebted for you're guidance but shouldn't you be getting ready for your 6 - 2 shift at the factory.

West ham signed ward prouse udd say that opens things up might get done today that paqueta deal hopefully

I will reiterate once again, we should have sign Maddison. He is proven quality, meanwhile we are still wondering if Paqueta is just another samba dancer that thinks the football field is a ballroom or something. Some healthy dose of realism is needed when it comes to Paqueta and his ability.
Thank God we didn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.