Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I think the main reason a lot of fans are underwhelmed is that we're buying him from West Ham but a lot of people were surprised he went there in the first place because most thought he would go to a Champions League club.

Another reason is we went for Bellingham and Rice first so he clearly wasn't our first choice but we have a history of missing out on first choice and even second choice targets and it working out favourably for us.

We missed out on Jorginho and Fred, got Rodri
We missed out on Maguire and Koulibaly, got Dias
We missed out on Kane and Ronaldo, got Haaland

Maybe in the long run, getting Paqueta instead of Bellingham or Rice will follow the same pattern.

I’ve been told this is happening.

Huge risk in my opinion, but trust in Pep

I’m in the same boat where I don’t feel he is proven but perhaps we’re due a signing like this which turns out better than expected.

How many of us were familiar with Hart, Kompany and Zabaleta before they came in? Jesus or Alvarez weren’t well known in Europe either and Salah wasn’t ripping up trees at Roma before Liverpool brought him in there.

I agree it’s a risk but if it doesn’t turn out then I also think it’s not a disaster. Ultimately we do have the finances to correct it long term and other players (like Foden) can play in the middle when needed.

I think the difference here is that all the players you’ve listed were / are exciting young players with the potential to become world class.

Paqueta will be 26 this month, and for the money we are talking about I’d prefer us to be signing a ready made, established world class player.
That's all well and good matty ,but who would you like?

I think the difference here is that all the players you’ve listed were / are exciting young players with the potential to become world class.

Paqueta will be 26 this month, and for the money we are talking about I’d prefer us to be signing a ready made, established world class player.
I got a good feeling about this guy and there are no guarantees with any signing but after losing gundo, Mahrez and now Kev potentially out for ages we can't sit still after all the business our rivals have done. Yes this is a dip into the unknown but I'm sure pep will work his magic here

He's Brazil's first choice centre mid, isn't he? Ahead of Bruno Guimatoolazytogooglethespelling and he's pretty damn fucking good.

I’m in the same boat where I don’t feel he is proven but perhaps we’re due a signing like this which turns out better than expected.

How many of us were familiar with Hart, Kompany and Zabaleta before they came in? Jesus or Alvarez weren’t well known in Europe either and Salah wasn’t ripping up trees at Roma before Liverpool brought him in there.

I agree it’s a risk but if it doesn’t turn out then I also think it’s not a disaster. Ultimately we do have the finances to correct it long term and other players (like Foden) can play in the middle when needed.
Not sure what you mean by due one, we've had loads in fact most of our signings that turn out better than expected. No reason to think this won't. Although my expectations are high for this one anyway.

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young

I think the main reason a lot of fans are underwhelmed is that we're buying him from West Ham but a lot of people were surprised he went there in the first place because most thought he would go to a Champions League club.

Another reason is we went for Bellingham and Rice first so he clearly wasn't our first choice but we have a history of missing out on first choice and even second choice targets and it working out favourably for us.

We missed out on Jorginho and Fred, got Rodri
We missed out on Maguire and Koulibaly, got Dias
We missed out on Kane and Ronaldo, got Haaland

Maybe in the long run, getting Paqueta instead of Bellingham or Rice will follow the same pattern.
These underwhelmed fans need reminding we got Ake from Bournemouth :)

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young
When Pep gets hold of him that fee will look like small change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.