Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

you’re mental if you think levy wasn’t completely unreasonable
No. Being "mental" (horrible characterisation) does not come into it. I just disagree with you. Levy had Kane under contract and wanted to keep him. Without a release clause, Levy was not obliged to sell. He sold Modric, Bale and Walker but not without a fight. I don't particularly like the man and think he has failed Tottenham in many ways. But keeping Kane got them Champions League football that season, so there was some vindication in not letting Kane leave. If Real Madrid come in with £170m for Haaland, would our fans think Txiki was being unreasonable for rejecting the offer? No. We are not entitled to sign anyone else's player just because we want them.

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young
Absolutely not like a chelsea buy. They are completely scattergun in their approach, look at our buys, we buy with a purpose and apart from Phillips I struggle to see a signing that’s not worked out since Mangala. Pep will know exactly what this guy can offer

Last edited:
No. Being "mental" (horrible characterisation) does not come into it. I just disagree with you. Levy had Kane under contract and wanted to keep him. Without a release clause, Levy was not obliged to sell. He sold Modric, Bale and Walker but not without a fight. I don't particularly like the man and think he has failed Tottenham in many ways. But keeping Kane got them Champions League football that season, so there was some vindication in not letting Kane leave. If Real Madrid come in with £170m for Haaland, would our fans think Txiki was being unreasonable for rejecting the offer? No. We are not entitled to sign anyone else's player just because we want them.
You’re wrong, he was unreasonable to the point of not even engaging in conversations with our board.

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young
So basically your concern is his price, not his ability. Strange take for a fan to have imo

I thought Walker was an over rated speedster at the time & 50m was a hell of a lot of money, Stones who had promise but always had a mistake in him & Ake was also seen as exorbitant for a defender who had just gotten relegated.

All 3 of them have improved immensely under Peps coaching & if Paqueta signs, who had similar promise at Lyon & is a Brazilian international, then no one will be quibbling about the fee.

I stopped worrying about transfer fees a long time ago but Mount, Grealish, Caicedo & Rice have set the bar when it comes to fees between premier league clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.