Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I will reiterate once again, we should have sign Maddison. He is proven quality, meanwhile we are still wondering if Paqueta is just another samba dancer that thinks the football field is a ballroom or something. Some healthy dose of realism is needed when it comes to Paqueta and his ability.
I’m not sure why anyone on this forum thinks they know how to profile who is the best signing for city more than txixi and pep. Everything they do will have a meaning- it’s not just the quality of player- it’s their particular skills, attitude- they will have had scouts and data analysts watch these players for significant periods of time and the shortlist for particular positions will be developed over years not days. As mentioned this guy was an option a few years ago. If they think paqueta is a better fit it’s likely because he is a better fit than Maddison. Their is no doubt Maddison is a cracking player and I can see why people would want him at city, but he obviously doesn’t offer what pep wants from a new addition to the squad. We have a very particular style of play, which is constantly developing and just because something doesn’t ‘make sense’ doesn’t mean it isn’t the right thing- the club and pep I believe are ten steps ahead. A treble and three in a row would be my evidence. Not a post to bash those suggesting other players as that’s the point of a forum, but when it comes down to it our football knowledge pales in comparison to those we have operating our club and that’s probably worth remembering.

Everyone saying how he will improve under Pep's training, at the money being thrown about I would like to think he will be playing soon not needing to improve - certainly don't want to wait until next season to see a decent player.

There have been questions raised over Paqueta’s attitude
Tim Vickery was on talk sports last week and when this was rumoured he said the player isn’t the type to down tools to force the move, so West Ham needn’t worry about that.

What have you heard concrete that says he has a suspect attitude?

You’re wrong, he was unreasonable to the point of not even engaging in conversations with our board.
As was his right. He felt that the offer was so derisory that he didn't want to engage. Having seen us pay £100m for Grealish, it may have altered his perception of what is/isn't good value. Nobody actually knows for sure what City offered.

There is no yardstick for what is a fair offer. A player's valuation is subjective in that it is what he is worth to both clubs. Levy had the player under contract and expected him to honour it, barring an offer of epic proportions. It is not unreasonable behaviour to keep a player that means a lot to you, is under contract, and would be virtually impossible to replace.

People here would have no problem if Txiki didn't pick up the phone to Levy if Spurs wanted Haaland or Rodri for £150m. I know I wouldn't. By your argument, Txiki is being unreasonable.

60 m for one half decent season in a relegated team is mental, lavia is a good player with the the potential to be very good and thats all he is
Also it seems a lot to ask a 19 year old to solve Liverpools defensive issues in midfield. Not a good planning by Liverpool.

Everyone saying how he will improve under Pep's training, at the money being thrown about I would like to think he will be playing soon not needing to improve - certainly don't want to wait until next season to see a decent player.
Of course you will know this, but Pep has a bit more nouse than Moysey, so Paqueta will have to adapt to our way. Don't think it will take him too long though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.