Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I got pelters (from the minorities) for saying that I that this was a bit of a panic buy and out of our mould etc… fact is KDB is out for months, and we need creativity.

At his price, age, track record, the fact is he’s a huge gamble…. He’s a risk.

But as always, I trust in Pep.

For anyone who wants to debate it offline, I’m in Athens tomorrow, so give me a shout!
I don't think it is a panic buy, nothing to do with KDB injury, they were in for him before that. Landscapes and situations change, doesn't mean it's a panic. Age, he's only just about to turn 26, every transfer is a gamble as such.

I think more like £75m as they want £90m. I assume we’ll loan Palmer and wave any loan fee owed to us. That’d probably be £10-15m so we are around their valuation of the player.

why would we bring in a midfielder and then loan one out when we need two midfielders in the first place? It puts us in exactly the same position we are in now but down £75m.

Truth is his wife is expecting their first child and has flown to Portugal for the birth, he will want to support her. Club is probably trying to be very understanding and supportive given he's expecting to extend his contract with us shortly. May miss Newcastle too unfortunately. Depends on the birth!
Even with him extending his contract, this is one of those things that club does really & goes unnoticed in the media. You only have to look how the club accommodated David Silva when Matteo was born prematurely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.