Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

He's Brazil's first choice centre mid, isn't he? Ahead of Bruno Guimatoolazytogooglethespelling and he's pretty damn fucking good.

It’s the price we are stumping up for him. He’s going to be the second highest transfer in our history

I think the main reason a lot of fans are underwhelmed is that we're buying him from West Ham but a lot of people were surprised he went there in the first place because most thought he would go to a Champions League club.

Another reason is we went for Bellingham and Rice first so he clearly wasn't our first choice but we have a history of missing out on first choice and even second choice targets and it working out favourably for us.

We missed out on Jorginho and Fred, got Rodri
We missed out on Maguire and Koulibaly, got Dias
We missed out on Kane and Ronaldo, got Haaland

Maybe in the long run, getting Paqueta instead of Bellingham or Rice will follow the same pattern.
Ronaldo? I'll let you off as you make a good point

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young
The fee is huge but don't think there's much we can do when Rice & Caicedo are going for £115m. With hindsight, Bellingham choosing Real Madrid instead of us, is massive.

He looks class to me and will fit this team like a glove, similar to the start Kova has made, they can both pass and move freely finding space to link up in the middle, teams won’t know what’s hit them as we pass and move in midfield, add Doku to work alongside Haaland and that’s frightening pace for opponents to come up against.

This could be another incredible season if it all clicks, Pep looks even hungrier for more sustained success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.