Luck to win the Champions League

Call it luck or whatever , we all know neither of the penalties Madrid got over the 2 legs would have been given if they'd happened at the other end , and if someone in a City shirt , scissor tackled a Madrid player from behind and then dragged another back by the shirt , they would have rightly been looking at an early bath..
In Europe some teams are refereed by one set of rules and the less favoured are refereed by another set , we are "unlucky" in that we are firmly in the unfavoured camp..

If there wasn't corruption in money oriented football, then we wouldn't get the most difficult draws in Europe time after time reffed by the most incompetant idiots I've witnessed in 50 yrs of the game.
Plus the Dippers wouldn't be 1 point behind us in the Premier league.
Is that bad luck or do we need luck?
Money fuelled hatred and corruption isn't about lady luck
Not beating Lyon, Monaco and Spurs was just poor. I thought Real Madrid were very good to honest.

I think the Atlético game had a lot to do with last night.
the amount of injuries picked up in that game was ridiculous.
and of course we pick up a suspension to Cancelo. Leaving us short for right back.

i don’t believe any of that was down to luck.
Surely bad luck.

Call it luck or whatever , we all know neither of the penalties Madrid got over the 2 legs would have been given if they'd happened at the other end , and if someone in a City shirt , scissor tackled a Madrid player from behind and then dragged another back by the shirt , they would have rightly been looking at an early bath..
In Europe some teams are refereed by one set of rules and the less favoured are refereed by another set , we are "unlucky" in that we are firmly in the unfavoured camp..
Absolutely spot on.

in recent games we have been playing more long balls , if we played our normal possession game we dont give the opposition to make dangerous crosses into the box , but you make a good point about faking fouls , time wasting and injuries etc. its nothing to be proud of but it gets other teams over the line , the question is do we stoop to that level to win at all costs.
I agree if we played our normal possession game that is ideal, but we have played Liverpool and Real Madrid in 4 of those recent games and their playbook was to play long over the top of our high line. We also have to factor in that retaining possession against that calibre of opponent is difficult, especially in the closing 10-15 minutes when an element of tiredness sets in. Thank you for your response and let's be optimistic that we can do enough to nail this PL.

An interesting stat from twitter, won more UCL matches than any other english side over the last decade, but no trophy to show for it, is that luck or something more?, i dont know....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-171320_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-171320_Twitter.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 18

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.