Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

The prosecution have hung their hat on that note and offered nothing more than circumstantial evidence and that note she wrote - its now for the defence to show she was a caring individual who had mental problems and when things were going wrong around her she couldn't cope felt guilt and wrote that note. Going to be interesting to see how it comes out but can anyone say they saw her 100% kill a baby? That is the level of proof required. Watch this space.

No it isn't.

Beyond reasonable doubt is not that and people have been convicted of murdering their wives despite there being no body found or no witnesses to act.

If she isn't responsible for the deaths, there must be some other cause, can't be a coincidence.presumbly mortality rare has decreased since she was arrested.

Have the hospital made changes that have reduced mortalities or is just the fact that she no longer works on the ward?

I'd ve very surprised if she wasn't found guilty, seems like someone who was maladapted to stress and became addicted to provoking it by tampering with babies life support and eventually graduated to killing.

No it isn't.

Beyond reasonable doubt is not that and people have been convicted of murdering their wives despite there being no body found or no witnesses to act.

If she isn't responsible for the deaths, there must be some other cause, can't be a coincidence.presumbly mortality rare has decreased since she was arrested.

Have the hospital made changes that have reduced mortalities or is just the fact that she no longer works on the ward?

I'd ve very surprised if she wasn't found guilty, seems like someone who was maladapted to stress and became addicted to provoking it by tampering with babies life support and eventually graduated to killing.

to which the answer is prove it

Thats my point - I have no real issue with any verdict but hearing it tonight it sounded to me like

a/ she did it

or

b/ she was under pressure had mental problems and expressed herself on paper - she never said who what when and where which is what is the problem

As for the mortality decrease if that has happened then that would be the hospital tightening things up? Look at the numerous issues with post natal care of babies in the last 12 months that have come to light - whole hospital trusts being found wanting.

If she did it she did it and the prosecution simply have to prove it - just hearing the detail today I felt that if they are hanging everything on that note I am not sure the prosecution have provided conclusive proof

Going to be interesting to see how it comes out but can anyone say they saw her 100% kill a baby? That is the level of proof required.
No it’s not. The level of proof required is making the jury ‘sure’ of her guilt, which doesn’t amount to the same as 100% proof. You can be sure of something without being 100% certain of it. There is a distinct and conscious difference between the two. The test of ‘sure’ leaves room for a tiny bit of doubt, albeit not a reasonable one, but it falls short of 100%, otherwise that would be the test.

I really don't think those notes stand up as any kind of admission or proof of guilt.

Imagine for a second if you had been accused of such horrific crimes but you were entirely innocent, its highly likely your head would get messed up pretty quickly and you'd have some kind of breakdown that could result in you writing something as incoherent and rambling as that.

The prosecution have hung their hat on that note and offered nothing more than circumstantial evidence and that note she wrote - its now for the defence to show she was a caring individual who had mental problems and when things were going wrong around her she couldn't cope felt guilt and wrote that note. Going to be interesting to see how it comes out but can anyone say they saw her 100% kill a baby? That is the level of proof required. Watch this space.

Important to point out that all we’ve had are opening statements which act as more of an overview. The prosecution have stated that they have a lot of evidence to present which has not yet been seen or mentioned.

to which the answer is prove it

Thats my point - I have no real issue with any verdict but hearing it tonight it sounded to me like

a/ she did it

or

b/ she was under pressure had mental problems and expressed herself on paper - she never said who what when and where which is what is the problem

As for the mortality decrease if that has happened then that would be the hospital tightening things up? Look at the numerous issues with post natal care of babies in the last 12 months that have come to light - whole hospital trusts being found wanting.

If she did it she did it and the prosecution simply have to prove it - just hearing the detail today I felt that if they are hanging everything on that note I am not sure the prosecution have provided conclusive proof.

Having done some more digging there were issues with the mortality rate, but the alleged crimes were uncovered and links established by senior doctor.

Some of the stuff, suggests if it wasn't murder then it was likely negligent/illegal act manslaughter.

She is right, she will likely never marry or have kids, and never work in the profession again even if acquitted and fully exonerated.

And would likely need a new identity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.