Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

even if a baby dies by accident surely better to have everything recorded in these wards to ensure everything was done right

I don't think we want to go down the route of having cameras everywhere. Imagine working under pressure with emergency situations but knowing you are being recorded and it could come back to bite you. There should still be a baseline position whereby nurses are doing their job and not trying to cause harm. In this case a pattern was recognised and she was moved off night shifts as a result. But perhaps more should have been done to investigate her sooner by the hospital...the benefit of hindsight.

The Daily Mail is doing a podcast about the trial. I'm surprised. But obviously they're not giving opinions about the evidence.

Why has it taken so long for this trial? I appreciate the number of deaths and attempt to kill will prolong it, but 9 months?
Are members of the jury being paid? What if they wanted a couple of days off to watch City in Istanbul or whever else?
Jurors are told at the start that it would be a long trial. Any that have issues with work, especially the self employed can be excused. Any that wanted an Istanbul trip would have had to do the day trip as they knew it would be Monday to Friday.
It is one of the problems of trial by jury as it restricts who can sit on one.

Once Jury trial starts you are there for the duration.
Asking for a couple of days off for a football match would probably get you banged up for contempt of court!

Once Jury trial starts you are there for the duration.
Asking for a couple of days off for a football match would probably get you banged up for contempt of court!
They should have just picked 12 rags then that avoids any chance of this happening

If she were found innocent, would you want her looking after your new born baby?

I don't think anybody knows 100% for sure....only her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.