Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

I’m sure you can substantiate what you say in your first paragraph if there has been research into it, you’d like to think the sample numbers are small.

Not sure I buy your take otherwise though. What would you base your supposition that a lot of nurses have underlying anger issues on?

I’m sure you can substantiate what you say in your first paragraph if there has been research into it, you’d like to think the sample numbers are small.

Not sure I buy your take otherwise though. What would you base your supposition that a lot of nurses have underlying anger issues on?
For what it's worth my mothers a nurse and a right angry bastard

For what it's worth my mothers a nurse and a right angry bastard

Lol, not a massively representative sample. I’m a nurse but of the mental health variety. Fair to say many of my colleagues over the years have had, erm “issues” but not usually anger. General nurses could be a different kettle of fish. They often don’t do mental health very well

There's extensive research in this area, sample size for serial killers among nurses may indeed be small but not the profiling of nursing personalities. The underlying anger has been cited in many angels of mercy across the globe

Anecdotally, I've been around the profession most of my life & have had members of my family as nurses - underlying anger/hostility and neuroticism are common

Last edited:
It sounds like Beverly Allitt all over again for anyone who remembers that monster
It sounds like Beverly Allitt all over again for anyone who remembers that monster.
My next door neighbour serves her food daily. When it comes to the mental evaluation she claims she still ill so she can stay in hospital and. It go to jail. Best bit is she can claim benefit as being sick

Strangely more common than gets reported much less caught. A lot of research has been done on this in terms of profiling healthcare serial killers - they are predominantly nurses and female. Why? It's the burning question

My take, it's the most overworked, stressed out and underappreciated worker in the hospital setting. Nursing profession also attracts particular personality profiles that have been researched extensively - obviously patient advocacy & empathy are strong traits but so are other underlying ones that can manifest themselves in unimaginable ways

It's a tough job, tougher than just about any I have come across and you have to be tough to thrive in it but it also attracts a lot people with underlying anger that is often well hidden
You are a strange person

Lol, not a massively representative sample. I’m a nurse but of the mental health variety. Fair to say many of my colleagues over the years have had, erm “issues” but not usually anger. General nurses could be a different kettle of fish. They often don’t do mental health very well
I've known a CBT therapist,(not cock and ball torture) and can confirm mental health workers are not without their own problems

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.