Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Forcing those convicted to appear in court is a call for theatre, not justice​

I'm sure they used to have to appear in court until the human rights apologists said it was abusing theirs, but I may be wrong.

You can highlight my Hannibal Lecture straightjacket comment all you want. Sure it was an extreme example and written tongue in cheek,but they should be forced to stand, or sit in court to hear the victim impact statements and their sentencing. Too much care is given to these murdering scumbags and not enough to the victims and their families, who lets not forget serve their own life sentence with no possibility of parole. If seeing their loved ones murderer sentenced gives them some small feeling of satisfaction and closure it should happen.

I was in hospital three times last year and found some of the medical staff very eccentric characters. Dealing with awful things all the time is going to have some kind of an effect on you mixed in with your own unique personality.

With regards to competency, I remain suspicious that my “abscess” and then “constipation” were diagnosed when I was far more ill. I’m letting it go because I made a full recovery but only some professionals were outstanding.

It's an odd one isn't it? Some medical staff are absolutely brilliant and show a remarkable level of compassion, empathy and care. Others are extremely cold to the point you wonder why they entered the caring profession at all.

I'm sure they used to have to appear in court until the human rights apologists said it was abusing theirs, but I may be wrong.

You can highlight my Hannibal Lecture straightjacket comment all you want. Sure it was an extreme example and written tongue in cheek,but they should be forced to stand, or sit in court to hear the victim impact statements and their sentencing. Too much care is given to these murdering scumbags and not enough to the victims and their families, who lets not forget serve their own life sentence with no possibility of parole. If seeing their loved ones murderer sentenced gives them some small feeling of satisfaction and closure it should happen.

Nobody mentioned human rights until you did.

It's not about having too much care for criminals.I don't care that a multiple murderer might feel some discomfort or anxiety from listening to sentencing, this isn't about that.

The point remains that you can't compel murders with no prospect of parole to go there.

So you have to physically force them there, as you admit in your post. You betrayed the point it's about theatre with your reference to Hannibal Lecktor.

What's to stop her screaming and shouting and wailing to disrupt proceedings? unless you gag her.

It's not about having too much care for criminals.I don't care that a multiple murderer might feel some discomfort or anxiety from listening to sentencing, this isn't about that.

The point remains that you can't compel murders with no prospect of parole to go there.

So you have to physically force them there, as you admit in your post. You betrayed the point it's about theatre with your reference to Hannibal Lecktor.

What's to stop her screaming and shouting and wailing to disrupt proceedings? unless you gag her.

I vote this

When are they stringing her up…or does she have “redeeming qualities” and will be a “model inmate” for the rest of her natural life?!

When are they stringing her up…or does she have “redeeming qualities” and will be a “model inmate” for the rest of her natural life?!

Can't you just form a lobby group for this?

As a child killer in a female prison it will be absolute hell for her and she'll be watching her back 24/7. It would be worse than a quick death.

Another thing that's sad about this, is that you know like everybody remembers the name of the serial killer.. Dahmer, Hindley, West, Sutcliffe etc, the night stalker, and nobody remembers their victims names, well, some of Lucy's victims didn't even have names

Can't you just form a lobby group for this?

As a child killer in a female prison it will be absolute hell for her and she'll be watching her back 24/7. It would be worse than a quick death.
Let's hope so.
She deserves to be tortured evert single day.
I hope they do things to her that we normal people can't even think of.
And they do worse tomorrow.
Not just her but every child killer and peodo bastard in jail

I mentioned human rights because that is what I believe was the criteria used to allow them not to appear in court for sentencing.

Of course it's about the criminals rights being given priority over the victims and their families rights. By committing the crime and being found guilty of it then I'm sorry but they lose the right to start dictating what they will and won't do.

Yes I did say they should be ordered to attend. They have the choice to do that willingly and behave during the proceedings. If they refuse then I have no qualms about them being restrained and if they shout obscenities gagged. Again, my Hannibal Lecture comment was tongue in cheek. If they behave there is no theatre or drama is there? They have the choice which is more than they gave their victim/s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.