Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Here's an article suggesting she must be allowed to appeal...

... I'd hate to be a juror on this trial.
Babies die in high dependant units so trying to say she wasnt there is stupid , it is all the times she was there that matter. Appealing is afforded to all citizens

Babies die in high dependant units so trying to say she wasnt there is stupid , it is all the times she was there that matter. Appealing is afforded to all citizens
No it isn’t.

The process is you ask your lawyers if they think you have grounds to appeal.
If they do you ask the appeal court to consider giving you the right to appeal.
They look at your evidence.
They can, and often do, say nope, you can’t appeal, your grounds are shit.
So it never even gets to an appeal court.

I think Peter Hitchens is a dick but he’s entitled to ask the question given the nature of the conviction. I’ve asked it myself, but for various reasons have concluded the verdict must be sound. She had a fair trial, gave evidence and was unanimously convicted by twelve of her peers, having listened to the evidence. They, it should be remembered, are also victims in this. What a terrible thing to have to endure and what a responsibility.

at the end of the day there are open a shut cases and then there's these types of cases that are very far from nailed on. She should be allowed an appeal as that's what basic human rights deserve. I'm not commenting on whether she's guilty or not as I don't know the full evidence but anyone found guilty because of shift patterns and stats should be allowed to challenge it

at the end of the day there are open a shut cases and then there's these types of cases that are very far from nailed on. She should be allowed an appeal as that's what basic human rights deserve. I'm not commenting on whether she's guilty or not as I don't know the full evidence but anyone found guilty because of shift patterns and stats should be allowed to challenge it
download.jpeg

Is there any new compelling evidence that has come to light?

Or errors made by the judge or other processes that weren't followed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.