Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

I never realised how hard nurses work until I spent time in hospital. There may have been some power aspect to what she did. Playing with lives.

I’m somewhat uncomfortable about this conviction. And in turn feel uncomfortable about that.

My brother and his wife are both north west consultants and I had Sunday lunch with them the weekend after the convictions and they both said they were sure she did it. For medical and logistical reasons. And they are therefore probably better placed than me to evaluate that.

But I think the evidence is questionable. Doesn’t mean I think she’s innocent. But that isn’t the legal and factual test.

There’s something about this that doesn’t quite add up.

Controversial view, I know. Like I said, I feel uncomfortable about this. The verdict was so emphatic and there have been so few dissenting voices. Both of which give me cause to question my own view on this, but I still have concerns around this conviction.

But I wasn’t there. At the trial. And that absolutely needs to be said.
I somewhat agree with you.

I read the New York Times report into the trial and conviction which was banned in the UK, it asked a lot of questions and for me there is some small doubt.

One of the biggest worries is that her friend's, and work colleagues held her in incredibly high regard, does this mean she is not guilty, no, but she hardly has the profile of a serial killer.

Here's an article suggesting she must be allowed to appeal...

... I'd hate to be a juror on this trial.
For Daily Sceptic read echo chamber for right wing conspiracy theorists like editor-in-chief, the repellent Toby Young.

Citation? Looks like the domain holder blocked it because it isn't GDPR compliant and they haven't made an alternative version.
I genuinely don't know the reason I read about the article in the Asian press and found it from there.

It was a long pieces and thinking the girl was guilty I can away after reading with a few doubts.

But a few days later the high court threw out her appeal, so they clearly have no doubt.

The courts don’t always get it right. Barry George was found guilty for the murder of Jill Dando yet many believed his innocence from day one. He was eventually cleared.

I genuinely don't know the reason I read about the article in the Asian press and found it from there.

It was a long pieces and thinking the girl was guilty I can away after reading with a few doubts.

But a few days later the high court threw out her appeal, so they clearly have no doubt.

It was because there is an ongoing retrial of one of the counts she wasn't convicted on. So technically you were correct. It's prevented from being read in the UK in order to not prejudice the trial outcome.

The courts don’t always get it right. Barry George was found guilty for the murder of Jill Dando yet many believed his innocence from day one. He was eventually cleared.
having been on a jury and seen some of the people on it im surprised there arnt more cock ups.we had a women on ours who said she had no idea about the evidence as it was confusing listening to both sides so she said ill just go with what everyone else thinks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.