Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

I'd read a long article in The New Yorker magazine a few weeks ago that raised doubts about her guilt but for some reason couldn't be published in Britain. Must be the one that was read to the H. of Commons under Parliamentary privilege. It seems harsh that some evidence was ruled inadmissible by the Court of Appeals on legal technicalities, as they appear to a layman. The parents of the babies that died will understandably never want to hear her name again but I hope the people fighting for her don't give up. Not much left by way of appeals now, is there only the House of Lords?

I'd read a long article in The New Yorker magazine a few weeks ago that raised doubts about her guilt but for some reason couldn't be published in Britain. Must be the one that was read to the H. of Commons under Parliamentary privilege. It seems harsh that some evidence was ruled inadmissible by the Court of Appeals on legal technicalities, as they appear to a layman. The parents of the babies that died will understandably never want to hear her name again but I hope the people fighting for her don't give up. Not much left by way of appeals now, is there only the House of Lords?
Are you saying she's not guilty ?

The loonies on X have created a cult following that is about this piece of shit **** being guilty and victim of the NHS and its culling of society. When you put it to them that if sooner believe the law and the legal process to Damian on X, it’s met with all kinds of abuse.

I hate social media at times.

I'm far away and didn't follow the trial at the time. I'm saying that based on the long article I read in The New Yorker, which is not known for sensationalism, I have a reasonable doubt. On some things, like Donald Trump being a ****, my mind is made up, but not on this one.

I'm far away and didn't follow the trial at the time. I'm saying that based on the long article I read in The New Yorker, which is not known for sensationalism, I have a reasonable doubt. On some things, like Donald Trump being a ****, my mind is made up, but not on this one.
The green note gave it away for me. ‘I am evil. I did this. I killed them on purpose’

The green note gave it away for me. ‘I am evil. I did this. I killed them on purpose’
Powerful evidence but not utterly convincing. Other distressed scribblings she made include "I didn't do anything wrong." It's the medical evidence I think needs most looking at, but I'm even less able to understand that than I am the rules of the Appeals Court.

Anyway I will stick with my "reasonable doubt" for now.

There was an ongoing trial at the time that the article was published, meaning it couldn’t be published in the U.K. then.

She was found guilty at that trial too.

Powerful evidence but not utterly convincing. Other distressed scribblings she made include "I didn't do anything wrong." It's the medical evidence I think needs most looking at, but I'm even less able to understand that than I am the rules of the Appeals Court.

If I go out and murder someone now and come home write it on my whiteboard, I’d say that’s a home run for the prosecution.

A jury of '12 good men and true' who sat through months of very painful, harrowing evidence, presented by an extremely clever barrister, but equally he was tested by a similar barrister, then ultimately presided over by a judge doesn't convince you of her guilt but a newspaper article written by a person with no legal background makes you doubt the conviction ! Each to his own I suppose.

If I go out and murder someone now and come home write it on my whiteboard, I’d say that’s a home run for the prosecution.
Maybe not.
According to Wiki 250 people confessed to the 1932 kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby which received headlines around the world. Approximately 500 people confessed to the murder of Elizabeth Short in 1947 which also received enormous media attention—some of those who confessed were not even born when she died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.