Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

I certainly think the framwork exists around this case for it to have been a white watsh against her (I have no idea if she is guilty or not). But, a large company comes under the spotlight for business malpractice causing deaths. A public that wants answers. Victims who want justice. Media doing what they do in feeding the frenzy. Its all very much like the PO scandal scenario where large companies (With the help of various players) paint a totally different picture than the truth.

When I worked in care (I no longer do because I could see this coming), everything pointed down at the carer. For example, we had a client who's fridge wasnt working and for months everyone was told to freeze the milk, cold meats, yoghurts, etc and defrost them each day for use then refreeze them at the end of the day. We made a complaint from the start about poor hygiene practice and that we didnt like doing this. A couple of months later there was eventually an investigation. The council (Who handed out the contracts) wanted to know why this was happening, the care company (who were suddenly under the spotlight) performed an investigation and found that all staff that entered that care residence were guilty of not sourcing a new fridge. (Client finances is something the care company control, they have stringent measures around it for obvious reasons).
So... Everyone was happy, the council, the care company, the performance charts, the council funding. Everyone except the staff who had initially complained, they were told the standard of care was very poor and got warnings.

And that was how it worked, everything pointed down at the worker. Scape goating like that happened all of the time, and this was a minor thing in the grand scheme. Its why I got out, I loved the job and am still friends with some of the clients but it was obvious if anything happened it would ALWAYS be the carers fault. Whistle blowing just doesnt exist either, you speak to the council and they speak to the care company, and they find you guilty.

Not saying this case is like that, but we have precedence in this country for that behaviour, I think it should be a recognised danger too, there''s just too much power in the hands of business when it comes to employees versus business.

There’s been something not right about this case from day one. I can’t bring myself to hate her as I have the murderers of Olivia and Elle in Merseyside in recent years. People like Fred West or Harold Shipman were also evil bastards and I hope they’re both in hell.

I had five spells in hospital in the last two years and never realised how hard nurses work and how much they actually do. When my bag burst or my cannula fell out… Sorted in seconds with no trouble.

The jury was not unanimous either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.