Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Looks to me that she's either guilty or extraordinarily unlucky
Why didn't she call any witnesses apart from the maintenance guy or whatever he was ?

Looks to me that she's either guilty or extraordinarily unlucky
Why didn't she call any witnesses apart from the maintenance guy or whatever he was ?

Her defense team came across as being pretty poor.
It won't be the first time somebody has been caught up in the legal machine and spun around. If you are an innocent person with no police interaction or dealings with the justice system your entire life you're fucked. You will think, "I'm innocent, surely they will see that, I've done nothing wrong." Sadly once they get something in their heads and pursue it you realise you're totally out of your depth and probably screwed by people very used to the system.

I'd love to see a summary in bullet points of the evidence in the case against her.

Because to me, I've seen that the babies were poisoned and there's no denying that. And she was on duty at the time of each one.

Surely no one is that unlucky as to be on duty at the same time as various other baby killers.

I'd love to see a summary in bullet points of the evidence in the case against her.

Because to me, I've seen that the babies were poisoned and there's no denying that. And she was on duty at the time of each one.

Surely no one is that unlucky as to be on duty at the same time as various other baby killers.
Unless I'm missing something, it seems very reminiscent of the Beverley Allitt case, insofar as Allitt was reprimanded based on her being the only one on shift at the time of each death. I don't think I can ever recall seeing anyone making a case for Allitt being the victim of a miscarriage of justice though

One of the things since brought up since the trial is that the data from the ‘time table’ only related to children while she was on shift. There were other children who became sick in the same way when she wasn’t on shift and these were left off the table which was produced by the prosecution.

Why are some people so very determined to tell everyone she's innocent?
Are they not wanting to accept that someone so normal is capable of evil or something?
They wouldn't be going out on a limb for someone from the gutter.
Not sure that is the motivation. There are definitely gaps in the evidence that has found her guilty.

That doesn’t mean people necessarily believe she isn’t guilty, merely asking whether it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Her notebook ramblings suggest she’s a wrong’un, but that on its own doesn’t make her guilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.