Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Why are some people so very determined to tell everyone she's innocent?
Are they not wanting to accept that someone so normal is capable of evil or something?
They wouldn't be going out on a limb for someone from the gutter.

She was a nurse from a fairly normal working class family. Bang average life, the odd holiday and nights out with friends. She wasn't privileged. I think people have a few doubts as to the conviction due to information coming out recently. That's not to say she is innocent but it's raising questions.

Are they not wanting to accept that someone so normal is capable of evil or something?
Truth? I don't know if she is or isn't.. but I most CERTAINLY don't want to see another organisation like the royal mail etc ruining innocent lives.

Truth.

Not sure that is the motivation. There are definitely gaps in the evidence that has found her guilty.

That doesn’t mean people necessarily believe she isn’t guilty, merely asking whether it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Her notebook ramblings suggest she’s a wrong’un, but that on its own doesn’t make her guilty.

Notebook ramblings were in response to being recommended to jot down her thoughts by a therapist.

Internet sleuths mate.

You know the ones that have a degree in virology, politics and crime investigation.

Even so, I’d hope that when a therapist asked me to jot down my thoughts that they’d be a little less sinister!

Some might say only just, mind!

Dark thoughts and misplaced guilt under extreme stress?

I think most people would lose their marbles if they were stitched up for a crime they didn't commit.

The medical evidence was always more persuasive than the notebook.

Dark thoughts and misplaced guilt under extreme stress?

I think most people would lose their marbles if they were stitched up for a crime they didn't commit.

The medical evidence was always more persuasive than the notebook.

When did she write the notes, do we know?

I think she was poorly represented and/or gave incomprehensible instructions.
I was reading about this the other week. Especially the Insulin argument and why her defence never brought it up. Also the misleading charts and stats the Hospital prepared for the case.

It does look like she was shafted by her lawyers, Doesn't mean she's innocent but clearly somethings not right

"The notes were written at some point between July 2016, after she had been taken off the ward, and her arrest in July 2018."

Thanks
I honestly thought she had written them before, so that does add some "muddiness" to it.

I still think she is guilty though. Didn't her colleagues and managers suspect her too?
Not saying that's a "slam dunk" (obviously) but when you work in a certain setting for years you usually get a feel for what are normal patterns and what isn't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.