Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Thanks
I honestly thought she had written them before, so that does add some "muddiness" to it.

I still think she is guilty though. Didn't her colleagues and managers suspect her too?
Not saying that's a "slam dunk" (obviously) but when you work in a certain setting for years you usually get a feel for what are normal patterns and what isn't
Hard one to call, very hard. Her body language suggested she was not concerned about being arrested i.e she thought (or knew) she was innocent. But to your point about her managers and colleagues.... if they didn't pick up on it (especially the head nurse on the news today) then aren't they somewhat culpable of neglect n some way or another? Either by dereliction of duty or plain negligence of duty. I get the feeling there is something here that she is being a sacrificial lamb to cover up some horrendous shortcomings in the Hospital itself....

Who knows?

Hard one to call, very hard. Her body language suggested she was not concerned about being arrested i.e she thought (or knew) she was innocent. But to your point about her managers and colleagues.... if they didn't pick up on it (especially the head nurse on the news today) then aren't they somewhat culpable of neglect n some way or another? Either by dereliction of duty or plain negligence of duty. I get the feeling there is something here that she is being a sacrificial lamb to cover up some horrendous shortcomings in the Hospital itself....

Who knows?
I think some DID suspect. But yeah, all a bit of a mess

I saw a documentary on this which may have been one sided but there are a lot of questions regarding her conviction. The fact she had no medical defence, none of the forensic pathologists who examined the babies found any evidence of malpractice, no one ever saw her doing anything suspicious and the hospital unit had known problems of contamination and sewage issues. That’s not to say she is innocent but were these covered in the trial?

It’s like the Jeremy Bamber case. I think he did it but if you look at the evidence used to convict him there is very little - it was largely his word against his girlfriend’s.
The evidence with the shotgun in the Bamber case being admitted was an affront to justice. Like you, I think Bamber probably did it, but I don’t think I could be sure of his guilt based on what I know. Apparently he gave dreadful evidence though. 10-2 majority verdict means some jurors had sufficient doubt.

The evidence with the shotgun in the Bamber case being admitted was an affront to justice. Like you, I think Bamber probably did it, but I don’t think I could be sure of his guilt based on what I know. Apparently he gave dreadful evidence though. 10-2 majority verdict means some jurors had sufficient doubt.
What are your thoughts on a witness saying they saw someone moving around the house ie the mother of the boys?

Have the infant deaths where she worked continued at the same level, or have they fallen to levels similar to other neonatal facilities?
Great question but more importantly for me is what were the fatalities like before she got there?

You would really hope that after she was charged there would have been some kind of inquest and things would purely by changes implemented, have been tightened up and improved...?

The bloke was a **** to be fair - showed little grief, started selling his families antiques and then went abroad on holiday just before he was arrested. But the only real evidence was the silencer on the shotgun and the police didn’t find that until weeks after the murders - the dna on the silencer is declared unreliable.
The judge led the jury to convict him - he strongly directed them to go for a guilty verdict.

Spoiler alert - Panorama.
The defence are saying the air embolism tests used are unreliable, the insulin level tests used are unreliable. One person they are interviewing, who claims she may have been wrongly convicted, hasn't even seen the medical records of the children she murdered.

What are your thoughts on a witness saying they saw someone moving around the house ie the mother of the boys?
You mean Old Bill after Bamber had called 999? Could have been an optical illusion. Not sure it’s a get out of jail card. I’m struggling to accept his sister killed her own two lads in that way .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.