Luis Suarez Charged [Merged]

sniff said:
smudgedj said:
sniff said:
Im sure you do. I lived in Mexico for 18 months when i was younger, but i still would have no idea of the regional dialect, nuance, of a country about 1500 miles away. Its not like they are neighbouring counties is it.

and the portugese had large parts of the country too, unlike in Bolivia.

If i said Guey, to you would you see it as an insult, or a friendly hello. Its that simple.

From the top of page 11

I considered that before posting and asked a Uruguayan her opinion (or my girlfriend did), as I thought it would be a form of 'endearment' between people, as it's not unusual for people to be called names over here. But, shockingly as it seems, it is derogatory.

Guey is used here to mean pal or mate...in Mexico I'm not sure...

In mexico it means Dude, Mate etc... but look up the literal spanish translation. It means Fool, or the N-bomb...

i wouldnt expect you average Bolivian to get those variations instantly.

I think you missed what I said

I considered that before posting and asked a Uruguayan her opinion (or my girlfriend did), as I thought it would be a form of 'endearment' between people, as it's not unusual for people to be called names over here. But, shockingly as it seems, it is derogatory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.