Luis Suarez

The Fat el Hombre said:
blue underpants said:
Spanish press reporting this morning that Barca are confident of signing him for 52mil Euro

Not a hope in hell at that price

It will be a bidding war between Barca and Madrid and he will go for more than Bale did!

personally think Madrid have him in the bag already.

blueinsa said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
blue underpants said:
Spanish press reporting this morning that Barca are confident of signing him for 52mil Euro

Not a hope in hell at that price

It will be a bidding war between Barca and Madrid and he will go for more than Bale did!

personally think Madrid have him in the bag already.

Why would it be a bidding war, as long as the release clause is activated it's all up the player himself.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Liverpool will get closer to £90m as part of his renegotiated contract.

It will be Real Madrid and I fear if it happens, Liverpool could get some very good players in return.

No doubt but he is their talisman and central to their success this season.

Losing him will be a huge blow to the scousers.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

It will be Real Madrid and I fear if it happens, Liverpool could get some very good players in return.
But they won't have Suarez and Rodgers hasn't exactly pulled too many rabbits out of the hat in his transfer dealings has he? He's have to spend most of that money on defenders.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Liverpool need some more depth in attacking and central midfields, as well as an overhaul of their defense. They've already bought Emre Can, so I think they would need 1 more CM. Khedira maybe?

I don't think Madrid will swap any defender as part of the deal. Di Maria? Possibly, if reports are true that they've slapped a 40 million price on him (why would they want to sell him, I don't know).

And then Benzema? I don't know, I think Madrid would rather sell him (or he might stay if he is OK playing the second fiddle). Depends on the rest of his World Cup.

But worst case, Benzema, di Maria and Khedira for Suarez? I don't know if that makes them better than with Suarez. It gives them the ammunition to go deep into 4 competitions yes, but to win, I am not so sure.

bluechampion7891 said:
^
To put it another way, would you swap Aguero for Di Maria, Khedira and Benzema?

To be honest, swapping him for Di Maria alone would be a difficult choice, ignoring the other two.

If we got 50 games a season out of him, then not a chance.

bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Liverpool need some more depth in attacking and central midfields, as well as an overhaul of their defense. They've already bought Emre Can, so I think they would need 1 more CM. Khedira maybe?

I don't think Madrid will swap any defender as part of the deal. Di Maria? Possibly, if reports are true that they've slapped a 40 million price on him (why would they want to sell him, I don't know).

And then Benzema? I don't know, I think Madrid would rather sell him (or he might stay if he is OK playing the second fiddle). Depends on the rest of his World Cup.

But worst case, Benzema, di Maria and Khedira for Suarez? I don't know if that makes them better than with Suarez. It gives them the ammunition to go deep into 4 competitions yes, but to win, I am not so sure.

Wages, wages and wages Suarez is no doubt on decent money but the likes Of Benzema and di Maria will be on more. I can't see Liverpool pulling out the stops to pay those guys what they are on at Real. Then you have the fact that some players simply don't fancy certain moves. Liverpool have done well for one season that may not be enough to convince guys like di Maria who played a starring role in the Champions League final to rock up there.

I could see Liverpool fighting for one of Real's left backs as they need one and they might get Morata if Juve haven't fully tapped him up. Khedira maybe as he has been marginalised so a move for more football might make sense. But there is a reason that swaps don't happen that often as there are so many variables to nail down (Ibra and Eto'o aside).

Benzema is close to signing a new contract apparently.

Real made a bid for Kovacic last night, which if accepted will make a certain Isco expendable...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.