Luka Modric

richball_PF55

"I would think if someone is going to offer him £200,000 a week it could probably turn his head a little, yes!" Redknapp said when asked about the City boss' comments.

Seemingly Mancini has made it clear he is interesting in signing Luka this summer,
What you lot think?

Personally I think he's a fantastic player, the thoughts of him and Silva on the pitch working together is simply a think of beauty,
They could be the PL's answer to Xavi and Iniesta....

Hopefully we get him...

He would fit nicely into the team, If De Jong is going,
We could find ourselves playing YaYa much deeper in midfield with Modric and Silva lying on front of him.

Usually I'm against signing players for the sake of it,
But Modric is world class and rarely has a bad game,
We should jump on him if the opportunity arrives...

He was asked about him when he was visiting somewhere and said that he is a good player. That's all.

But the papers make a story that Mancini wants to sign him. I don't think Mancini is interested tbh.

BlueCityfan said:
He was asked about him when he was visiting somewhere and said that he is a good player. That's all.

But the papers make a story that Mancini wants to sign him. I don't think Mancini is interested tbh.

I'd take Modric before Hazard to be honest...

richball_PF55 said:
BlueCityfan said:

I'd take Modric before Hazard to be honest...

2 different players but i would definetly take Hazard over him. City's policy isn't to raid the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern...even Spurs for their best players. And Spurs would take us to the cleaners.

Bit on the fence about him tbh. Seen him in some games and thought, yep all round good performer. Seen him in some other games and it's like he's not on the pitch. Would be interesting though.

Depends what our other targets are TBF. Would much prefer Martinez next to Yaya. Martinez can give us cover at the back and allows us to sell DeJong and Barry release Hargreaves and Pizzaro. Now that's a massive saving in wages and also gives us cover at CB. That would leave us with Milner, Yaya, Zab and Martinez for the 2 positions infront of the back 4. Would much prefer a creative player like Goetze or Hazard as they can play out wide.

I can't see Modric as a target. It's not that he's not a really good player, but we have real strength in real depth in midfield. I don't want to see Ya Ya sitting deeper. What I value about Ya Ya is that he's never more than ten yards from the ball, he's always there to receive it and his lung busting (for those trying to keep up with him) runs are a vital part of our attacking armoury. Modric would make our midfield smaller and less physically dominant. If we need a player it's a winger and another one or even two strikers.

'Arry always does this kind of thing - the poor, purely English, cockney, barrow boy trying to do his best faced with a collection of devious, foreign multi, multi billioaires. The lad'll have 'is 'ead turned, but 'Arry of England and St George'll see 'im awright." They were bottom of the league when he took over, if he hasn't told you before and he's built the best attacking team in England on a shoe string, if you didn't already know. But City still won't buy Modric!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.