Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could poach him,Stones and Barkley or better still swap.......for Bony,Mangala and Nasri

I don't quite understand your logic here.

It's like saying "if we could swap Bony for Messi..."

Why would Everton accept Nasri, Bony and Mangala as payment for what is essentially £150m+ worth of talent?

Would Bony + 20m do it?

Absolutely not.

If you can convince Lukaku to be second choice and a substitute and get Everton to not ask for the Earth's weight in gold then by all means have a go at it. I'll chip in 20p.

This, basically.

You aren't going to get Lukaku for less than £50m. You aren't going to get him in January at all. Willing to pay £50m+ and wait until summer? It's possible. If not, it won't happen.

If only we could poach him,Stones and Barkley or better still swap.......for Bony,Mangala and Nasri

Not sure I would really want any of them but it is funny how Everton have better options than Manyoo - none of their players apart from maybe their keeper would get near our squad

No thanks.

Not into signing a player who is just going through a good vein of form. Watching Everton over the last 18 months or so far too often Lukaku hasn't been able to trap a bag of cement, and shown terrible awareness and link up play. Everton fans getting on his back too. He's garbage for Belgium as well.

On the subject of Everton players, I was saying last season that we should sign Barkley because his stock was quite low but he had shown clear class. Could have got him for a decent price. Barkley has the potential to be a top player. I don't see an elite player in Lukaku and yet they'd want an elite price.

I don't quite understand your logic here.

It's like saying "if we could swap Bony for Messi..."

Why would Everton accept Nasri, Bony and Mangala as payment for what is essentially £150m+ worth of talent?

Absolutely not.

This, basically.

You aren't going to get Lukaku for less than £50m. You aren't going to get him in January at all. Willing to pay £50m+ and wait until summer? It's possible. If not, it won't happen.

£150m worth of talent? Please tell me you're pissed.

Stones = 50m+
Lukaku = 50m+
Barkley = 50m+

Now I don't mind you mancs, I'm sure you can do basic math. Add that up and you get...?

I'm just in absolute shock at how you've come to the conclusion that they're individually worth £50m each despite not performing close to a £50m player.

There's nobody on earth would would pay £50m for each.

I'm just in absolute shock at how you've come to the conclusion that they're individually worth £50m each despite not performing close to a £50m player.

There's nobody on earth would would pay £50m for each.

I'm in absolute shock that you think a single one of those three will go for less than fifty million with Everton being the sellers.

We rejected £38m for Stones. After the Euro's, he's going to be 50m+. No question.

We bought Lukaku for nearly 30m. For the player he's becoming, do you really see him going for less than 50m?

Barkley is the only one I can see not going for that sum of money and that's because I can't see him leaving at all for a while.

Stones = 50m+
Lukaku = 50m+
Barkley = 50m+

Now I don't mind you mancs, I'm sure you can do basic math. Add that up and you get...?

- Lukaku is scoring at the same rate he did at West Brom(Goals per minute) so how has his value almost/more than doubled?
- Stones is a decent CB in an average defence, though has he been £40mil+ better than £9.5mil Funes Mori for you?...You won't get £50mil+ for him but if you do it'll be an incredible bit of business.
- And Ross Barkleys are a dime a dozen in foreign leagues, just a product of the English hype train.

- Lukaku is scoring at the same rate he did at West Brom(Goals per minute) so how has his value almost/more than doubled?
- Stones is a decent CB in an average defence, though has he been £40mil+ better than £9.5mil Funes Mori for you?...You won't get £50mil+ for him but if you do it'll be an incredible bit of business.
- And Ross Barkleys are a dime a dozen in foreign leagues, just a product of the English hype train.

I don't think you understand.

This isn't about your valuations of the players. It's about how much a buying club will have to pay Everton to acquire those players if they were to leave. Would I value Martial at £36m? Mangala at £32m? Absolutely not. But that's what United and you had to pay, all factors considered. £50m+ is what a buying club will end up paying for Stones, Lukaku or Barkley, all factors considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.