Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griezmann is the best option for me. We need agile pacey types to suit out style and Griezmann is also an option to play wide when Aguero is fit.
I second this. Please, no more big, slow strikers that won't ever fit into the team.

Is Griezmann cup-tied for CL?

I second this. Please, no more big, slow strikers that won't ever fit into the team.

Is Griezmann cup-tied for CL?

Yes he is as he is the best attacking player on one of the best teams in Europe. Has that Vietto lad got on at Atletico this season? I heard his name as being an up-and-coming striker over the summer

A great striker yes, and has an excellent record but no way should we sign him.

We've constantly demonstrated that big traditional strikers do not work well with us. Negredo was the only exception for six months but from memory he had a lot more about his game than the typical big lad, and was in form that he never replicated before or since, hardly the metric to go by.

So, unless we totally change our style it would be another big ole waste of cash.

A great striker yes, and has an excellent record but no way should we sign him.

We've constantly demonstrated that big traditional strikers do not work well with us. Negredo was the only exception for six months but from memory he had a lot more about his game than the typical big lad, and was in form that he never replicated before or since, hardly the metric to go by.

So, unless we totally change our style it would be another big ole waste of cash.
Just reminded me of that outside of the boot pass, oh man.
Yeah, in total agreement. Lukaku is great, just don't think he suits our team. Would like Griezmann or Aubameyang, who's happy to be first-choice striker when Aguero's out, but doesn't mind playing in a 2, behind the striker or on the flanks when necessary.

Lukaku has benefited from playing week in week out at everton. I just don't see how he'll fare better than the other top class strikers before him that have struggled to find their top form playing in a system where they will never start if aguero is fit. If we want a top class striker who can fill in for Aguero, I think it needs to be somebody who can also be top class playing anywhere in attacking midfield, and is therefore getting games and playing themselves into form irrespective of Aguero's fitness. I don't know who that player is though.

No way. Lukaku can easily turn out like Bony. Plus he will require first team football and needs A LOT of confidence from his surroundings or he is absolutely terrible.
He is scoring well now, but overall I think he has a considerable negative effect on the team performance if he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.