Lukas Nmecha

It feels like he's in that peak youth football moment where he needs to be moved up in some way or else he'll stagnate like Barker did.

I'm really happy for him actually, I was quite a big fan but thought he might not be good enough when he had that dip in the middle of last season, but he finished it well and seems to have been on fire since coming back from injury.

Ideal scenario might be a league cup debut before sending him on his way to a club maybe like Southend, Doncaster, MK Dons who need a striker.

Yeah, strike while the iron is hot and all that. I've not heard any of those teams mentioned, and I can't profess to know if any of them need a striker/would suit his style, but wherever he can get regular game time is good enough for me for a few months.

Yeah, strike while the iron is hot and all that. I've not heard any of those teams mentioned, and I can't profess to know if any of them need a striker/would suit his style, but wherever he can get regular game time is good enough for me for a few months.

I would like to see lads like this, get on the pitch with the first team, before being loaned out. Even if it's just for a couple of cameo appearences. Then loan them if there is not enough reason to keep them involved, just for game time as you say. But just get them on there, first.

The point Domalino makes about this being 'the moment' is probably spot on imo & we have so far missed 'the moment' with about 20 kids who deserved a shot at one time or another, irrespective of where they are now, or might be in the future. There was the ridiculous notion that one of them, taking a spot on the bench, would cause mass transfer requests (or, in the past, ruin the options for Pellegrini's wonderful tactical master plan).

We all know there is a potential player in Nmecha. Imo he's been far too casual in many games I've seen & not been really a candidate but there are moments of real talent. If he's at the top of his game now, get him on the pitch, see what he does. If he knocks a couple of goals in, which is completely possible in this team, suddenly we have yet another attacking threat & he could go up 100% in quality, just by getting a taste for it.

That is effectively what happened with Rashford. He wasn't at that level, he became that level, when they played him (& hasn't really changed since).

To those that have watched Nmecha play, how would you describe his style of play as a striker?

To those that have watched Nmecha play, how would you describe his style of play as a striker?

Haven't watched him in the flesh recently, but from many past viewings, on a bad day: Adebayor without the physique ;) Misses chances you could score yourself, gives the ball away etc but still potential matchwinner.

On a good day: Typically Braziliian. Classy finishes/touches, (& scrawpy ones) unpredictable, & potential matchwinner.

It depends which one is the real one. It needs to be mostly the 2nd, if he is to make it, as the 'other' one isn't very good.

I'd be intrigued to see which Nmecha he became if he got a real game.

Every time I've watched him he's reminded me of a quicker version of Harry Kane.

I wonder if the rules should be changed so you can use 4 subs but at least 1 needs to be an Academy player.
Typically B Silva, Gundogan, Jesus or Aguero May come on as subs. Other big
names like Toure, Danilo may not play at all. If there was a 4th option young players would get a chance every week.

I wonder if the rules should be changed so you can use 4 subs but at least 1 needs to be an Academy player.
Typically B Silva, Gundogan, Jesus or Aguero May come on as subs. Other big
names like Toure, Danilo may not play at all. If there was a 4th option young players would get a chance every week.

Exactly my thoughts 10 subs but 2 have to be youth and extra substitution allowed only from those two and must be used by the 80th minute

Don't like that at all. Many managers would just use that to time waste in the last minutes and to disrupt the flow of the game. I'd rather the PL allowed 12 substitutes, then there would be kids on the bench every game and they could get on if you're winning big.

Regrding Nmecha I really hope he'll be involved against Shaktar. He deserves it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.