Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

Just wanted to say that Shaw and Lallana and Boruc and Clyne and Schneiderlin are NOT FOR SALE!!!

Forget about signing any of our players as we are now a top 6 side and will not trade with other top 6 sides like manchester city

Cant imagine why any player would give up being 10 points adrift of the top 6 midtable finishes to play for a title challenging team. That would be ludicrous<br /><br />-- 13 Jan 2014, 10:55 --<br /><br />
Olallana said:
de niro said:
Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

Just wanted to say that Shaw and Lallana and Boruc and Clyne and Schneiderlin are NOT FOR SALE!!!

Forget about signing any of our players as we are now a top 6 side and will not trade with other top 6 sides like manchester city

lol. ok lovely.

Look at Rodwell - he moved to soon now look at him

We are not a selling club anymore so back off

Rodwell didn't move to soon you balloon head. He has suffered more injuries than I have eaten hot dinners lately thats why he doesn't play much

Saints are a good side, but are not a top 6 side. They havent finished in the top 6. They were in the top 6 earlier in the season and then played the other top 6 sides and are now not in the top 6. City, Rags, Chavs, Liverpool, Spuds, Everton, Arsenal are all above Saints. A top 8 side competing with the likes of Newcastle. That is what you are.

BlakeTheBlue said:
£30m for the latest Kid to look decent for a couple of seasons? This is a joke right? I'm not saying he isn't a very good young player. Anybody can see that. But he's completely untested at the level we need him to perform at. He COULD develop into the next Bale... But we would be mad to pay £30M to find out.

The only similarity to Bale is they both played LB for Southampton. Other than that they are completely different players. Bale was always more of an attacking player not a good defender. Shaw is a good defender but not much of an attacking player. He could certainly develop into a better attacking player in the future but he's never going to turn into a Bale type player so we should certainly not pay for "the next Bale".

I really like Southampton so please stop saying these stupid things OLallana. Shaw would be a fantastic signing, not worth 30 million currently though.

I take it the story was bollocks as nothing has been said since, and if there were anything in it Talkshite would have been all over it saying that he'd ruin his career coming to us.

Other than his Birth Birth Certificate, can anyone, other than their own subjective opinion, give me some indisputable evidence, why we should consider buying this player, when we have at City already, Kolorov, Clichy and Zabaleta (emergency) who are all equally as competent defensively with Kolorov miles ahead offensively?

In short, if our academy cannot produce a player as defensively capable as Shaw, by the time Kolorov and Clichy are pensioned off then we have failed. If he was both defensively sound and an offensive genius, then maybe, just maybe, his British Passport might just justify the expense. Currently however, this is not the case.

Olallana said:
de niro said:
Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

lol. ok lovely.

Look at Rodwell - he moved to soon now look at him

We are not a selling club anymore so back off

Just to put you right Rodwell has been beset by injury largely down to his growth problems which exacerabate matters, similar to Gerrards early years. This has nothing to do with him moving.

malg said:
I take it the story was bollocks as nothing has been said since, and if there were anything in it Talkshite would have been all over it saying that he'd ruin his career coming to us.
correct

MaineRoadBlue said:
English or not, why would you spend that amount of cash on a left back when Kolorov is in the form of his life?

Does anyone seriously believe he is even 50% of the player Kolorov is this season!

For me, no chance.

Agree with you mate... Forget the quoted £30m....

What is even more laughable is the posters who think he's better than Kolarov... Get a grip FFS... Nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Clichy...

He may well be in a few years... but now? No chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.