Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
MihaiCity said:
Dr Jacoby said:
I feel many are writing off Clichy somewhat prematurely. He's not had a great first half to the season, admittedly, but it was only a few seasons ago where many considered him the best left back in the league.

He was brilliant in our title-winning campaign.
you can't keep a player up there because he had a very good seson 2-3 years ago..the man simply can't attack and this season he isn't that great at defending either..like a poster said he can't take evra place in france team ..so yes spending 25-30M on shaw in the summer will be good business tbh..he is only 18 and will give us 7-10 years of service so yes if clichy form doesn't improve dramasticall i think he will be gone in the summer

Give him a chance. He was brilliant last season when Kolarov was embarrassingly bad.
Time has shown us that form does have a huge effect on players, but we can't just completely write off and sell every player who has a poor season/year. Pellegrini has turned Kolarov, Dzeko and Garcia back into great footballers (something which a lot of people were doubting could ever happen around 9 months ago) so give him a chance with Clichy (one of our most underrated players from 11/12 season and the start of 12/13).

I don't know why people so excited about this lad, i cant find anything very special in it, look to me a overrated player,

Passing : Weak
Holding on to the ball : Weak

Source from WHOSCORED

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/118244/

i think city needs Left footed World Class Winger ( DI MARIA), Defensive Midfield player ( Mascherano / Song / Banega / Mautudi ) and a World Class Centre Back ( Garay/ Masachio/ Mangala / Oatamendi / Hummuls )

I didn't mention names like Pogba, Vidal, because they are not available in January Transfer.

luckyadeel78 said:
i think city needs Left footed World Class Winger ( DI MARIA), Defensive Midfield player ( Mascherano / Song / Banega / Mautudi ) and a World Class Centre Back ( Garay/ Masachio/ Mangala / Oatamendi / Hummuls )

I didn't mention names like Pogba, Vidal, because they are not available in January Transfer.

Bang on - a quick authentic left winger, defensive CM and and CB would complete our squad - Kolarov is much improved and Clichy is getting back to his best after a stop/start season!! On the other side we have Zab & Micah if he can stay fit - dont think new fullback is a priority :-)

luckyadeel78 said:
I don't know why people so excited about this lad, i cant find anything very special in it, look to me a overrated player,

Source from WHOSCORED

Good call on Banega. He can also play as an attacking midfielder and would be a perfect fit for our squad. Sunderland of all people have enquired about him.............yes, Sunderland. The guy is pure quality. Endorsed by Guardiola of all people.

luckyadeel78 said:

Source from WHOSCORED

that's a decent and sensible list

City Watch ‏@City_Watch
The Guardian + Mirror: City have identified Southampton's Luke Shaw (18) as a top summer target with Pellegrini wanting a new left back
------------------------------------------------------

I imagine Chelski might have an input into that story.....

There are no doubts there will be a bidding war in the summer, but where he ends up there will be enormous pressure on the lad. I would like us to sign a player with a bit more experience, especially with the fee that he is likely to go for.

The Guardian(J Jackson) piece

Manchester City have identified Luke Shaw as a summer transfer target, with the manager, Manuel Pellegrini, intent on strengthening his options at left-back.

City face stiff competition from Chelsea and Manchester United for the 18-year-old but, with Gaël Clichy having lost his first-team berth and doubts about the defensive abilities of his replacement Aleksandar Kolarov, the Southampton defender represents an attractive, long-term investment.

Chelsea are in pole position, with Shaw being a fan of the club and the training ground in Cobham being close to where his parents live.

Even if Patrice Evra decides to stay at United, David Moyes is intent on signing a left-back, though the champions have only an outside chance of landing Shaw.

Evra and United hold an option that would allow the player to extend his contract by a year. Whether Evra would settle for being relegated to second choice is unclear but, given his affection for United and his influence in the dressing room, he may decide to stay

I still think 25-30m is too much. For a proven player like alves was when he joined Barca yes but not this kid. I guess homegrown player with potential has a premium price

Having said that he will end up in Chelsea. Too many things are aligned for them. Player is a fan of the club. Cashley declining. And the mourinho factor. I'll be shocked if he ends up somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.