Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good signing for them... £31mil for this lad is very overpriced however (if we had bought him for this price I'd be crying) knowing the kind of proven international class left back we can get for half the price.

This England premium clubs are paying is scandalous and hinders the progress of English players.

Aleksandar Kolarov - £19mil. we paid for him (lol)

Why Always Ste said:
He's a good signing for them... £31mil for this lad is very overpriced however (if we had bought him for this price I'd be crying) knowing the kind of proven international class left back we can get for half the price.

This England premium clubs are paying is scandalous and hinders the progress of English players.

Definitely overpriced but should we be worried that the likes of Liverpool and rags are buying up a lot of the decent English players? Are there moves afoot in the shadows?

ColinLee said:
Why Always Ste said:

Definitely overpriced but should we be worried that the likes of Liverpool and rags are buying up a lot of the decent English players? Are there moves afoot in the shadows?

No I don't think we should be worried... it is a clear indication that these clubs are struggling to produce this type of high quality player to compete at the top, thus having to splash out £xxxx on this player.

The MCFC academy at younger age groups are regularly winning their matches, winning tournaments, this is before our Academy has even opened yet.

10 years time, we'll have a shitload of homegrown players :)

No I don't think we should be worried... it is a clear indication that these clubs are struggling to produce this type of high quality player to compete at the top, thus having to splash out £xxxx on this player.

The MCFC academy at younger age groups are regularly winning their matches, winning tournaments, this is before our Academy has even opened yet.

Trouble is none will be English and we will still be blamed for ruining football. :-)

Why Always Ste said:
ColinLee said:
Why Always Ste said:

Totally agree about the academy and the future but just wondering if they're going to try and rush something through which could cause us problems short/mid term.

How much ?!?!?!

For an unproven 18 year old defender who might (just might) turn out to be a very good player. He will never be better than very good because he's english and there's just as much chance he will stop improving as has been seen many times before

Absolute desperation by the rags. Fair play though, they're really going for that Europa spot next season

How much of this fee is 'English premium'? Supposing there was a Nigerian left back of exactly the same height, same pace, identical skills. How much would he be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.