Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously overpriced but a good signing in my opinion - they will obviously be after longevity from him at that price, but still a hefty fee for a left back. Herrera is another very good player, but unsure where he will fit in with Mata/Kagawa/Rooney etc. Yes he is slightly more defensive minded but not the player they actually require - ie a fernandinho type.

Be interesting to see how much more they spend as they are desperate for at least 1 possibly 2 centre halves and a ball winning midfielder...

Fourth most expensive defender in history. He must be amazing in those Southampton matches I haven't watched. Is he some kind of combination of Maldini, Cafu and Alves?

Chancy Termites said:
How much of this fee is 'English premium'? Supposing there was a Nigerian left back of exactly the same height, same pace, identical skills. How much would he be worth?

well if the total price for him is 30m.....
Q1: about 24m
Q2: about 30 bob

He's a good buy as they are weak in that department, however only time will tell if he's worth the money. Although I can't stand the ****, Ferdinand did prove that he was worth the huge investment in him (granted he was a bit more experienced).

bored at work said:
Wayne Bridge mkII

If only.

He's been excellent for Southampton, I don't think his ability is in question, more the size of the fee for a kid. If he can handle the pressure of the "big fee" and being under the microscope of playing at the swamp where every mistake will be highlighted he will do okay, if not....

Murph said:
bored at work said:
Wayne Bridge mkII

If only.

He's been excellent for Southampton, I don't think his ability is in question, more the size of the fee for a kid. If he can handle the pressure of the "big fee" and being under the microscope of playing at the swamp where every mistake will be highlighted he will do okay, if not....

Excellent as in no expectations he is a solid player good at passing and movement he ain't a bale he doesn't take free kicks assists are poor but he has time to improve that but high balls is a big negative so I expect good passing sides he will look decent hoof ball sides a liability

waspish said:
Murph said:
bored at work said:
Wayne Bridge mkII

If only.

Excellent as in no expectations he is a solid player good at passing and movement he ain't a bale he doesn't take free kicks assists are poor but he has time to improve that but high balls is a big negative so I expect good passing sides he will look decent hoof ball sides a liability

He's a better left back than Bale was, that's for sure, not saying much mind. And I also covered the expectation's in how he will handle the pressure, could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.