Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murph said:
waspish said:
Murph said:
If only.

He's been excellent for Southampton, I don't think his ability is in question, more the size of the fee for a kid. If he can handle the pressure of the "big fee" and being under the microscope of playing at the swamp where every mistake will be highlighted he will do okay, if not....

Excellent as in no expectations he is a solid player good at passing and movement he ain't a bale he doesn't take free kicks assists are poor but he has time to improve that but high balls is a big negative so I expect good passing sides he will look decent hoof ball sides a liability

He's a better left back than Bale was, that's for sure, not saying much mind. And I also covered the expectation's in how he will handle the pressure, could go either way.

Rubbish bale at 16 was better than Shaw now his dribbling and goal scoring far superior

waspish said:
Murph said:
waspish said:
Excellent as in no expectations he is a solid player good at passing and movement he ain't a bale he doesn't take free kicks assists are poor but he has time to improve that but high balls is a big negative so I expect good passing sides he will look decent hoof ball sides a liability

He's a better left back than Bale was, that's for sure, not saying much mind. And I also covered the expectation's in how he will handle the pressure, could go either way.

Rubbish bale at 16 was better than Shaw now his dribbling and goal scoring far superior

Better left back? Your talking bollocks mate. Defenders are meant to defend, something Bale isn't very good at when it's his primary task. He didn't track runners and his positional sense was dire, in fact he was thought of as being a flop until he was moved to left mid only then did he begin to really flourish as a player.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
On the balance of probabilities, I would expect to see this being seen as a good bit of business in half a decade or so's time.

Its great long term business,most are refusing to acknowledge such as they are,unsuprisingly,blinded by hatred.

Had FFP not been an issue and we had signed the kid,knickers would be wet.

FantasyIreland said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
On the balance of probabilities, I would expect to see this being seen as a good bit of business in half a decade or so's time.

Its great long term business,most are refusing to acknowledge such as they are,unsuprisingly,blinded by hatred.

Had FFP not been an issue and we had signed the kid,knickers would be wet.

not from me , average player at best.

Murph said:
waspish said:
Murph said:

Better left back? Your talking bollocks mate. Defenders are meant to defend, something Bale isn't very good at when it's his primary task. He didn't track runners and his positional sense was dire, in fact he was thought of as being a flop until he was moved to left mid only then did he begin to really flourish as a player.

So you pay big bucks for a left back that is suppose to be good at defending?

Left backs with better attacking assists and goal scoring abilities are what you pay 30m for an 18 year old! Shaw is a long long way of that!

waspish said:
Murph said:
waspish said:

Left backs with better attacking assists and goal scoring abilities are what you pay 30m for an 18 year old! Shaw is a long long way of that!

Yes, but great full back's can do both, Bale wasn't a great full back, he wasn't even a good one because he couldn't do the defensive side.

Bale couldn't get in the Spurs team in front of Assou ekotto, spent most of that season on the bench. When Bale played full back Spurs lost, he wasn't even on the winning side until he'd played 20 odd games for them.

I'm not saying that Shaw is a top player, I've already said it could go either way for him. Your the one banging on that Bale was a top full back, when it's plain to anyone who's watched him from an early age that he was never a good full back.

Murph said:
waspish said:
Murph said:

Yes, but great full back's can do both, Bale wasn't a great full back, he wasn't even a good one because he couldn't do the defensive side.

Bale couldn't get in the Spurs team in front of Assou ekotto, spent most of that season on the bench. When Bale played full back Spurs lost, he wasn't even on the winning side until he'd played 20 odd games for them.

I'm not saying that Shaw is a top player, I've already said it could go either way for him. Your the one banging on that Bale was a top full back, when it's plain to anyone who's watched him from an early age that he was never a good full back.

Thats rubish bale was exellent going forward just like kolarov is for us .You have offensive full backs and defensive ones its rare you get one that can do both.shaw is probably the best one in a while .but still overpriced but they aint in champions league so they will have to overpay for all there mesiahs.

The thing I don't get about this transfer, is Van Gaal is supposed to be his own man and his way or the highway, yet i'm pretty sure if he was given a massive transfer budget, he wouldn't have spent 30 mill of it on a kid he probably hadn't even heard of until a couple of weeks ago? UTD need tried and tested top performers at the peak of their game if they are going to turn things round, I think this is a bit desperate by the money men across town, similar to Fellani and Mata, bad big buys, and they got Smalling and Jones 3 years ago (paid over the odds for them too) they both had/have potential, but are far from world beaters, neither of them have a settled position in the starting line up for UTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.