Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Always ever disliked Luton. As in today nothing changed. Hated that day, hated Pleat, hated his cheap costume, and hated his way of celebrating.
That’s a bitter memory of many a blue of a certain age, however they look like another Blackpool it’s a bit of fun for them they know they will be straight back down and more than likely it will years before they get this chance again, sad to see Ross Barclay there, I thought he had great potential once

It is rare that I bear ill will towards promoted teams (unless I've got some specific history with their supporters). It's hard to go up the Premier League, and teams that do it deserve some credit. We know, we've been through that mill.
But I sincerely hope that that bunch of agricultural cloggers goes down. With their supporters, who on yesterday's showing appear to be c*nts of the first water. And their town, which has to be one of the most horrible in all of England.
David Pleat running on pitch That’s the history

Great win today!

Foden on the half turn is a joy to watch

Jack had a good game but why have so many touches before having a shot? The amount of times he gets his shots blocked for taking too much time is unbelievable. It is almost like he lacks the confidence to take it first time
I said the same myself. We went back to basics by matching & bettering Luton physically, & at times in the first half, our one/ two-touch passing was blurring... UNTIL Kovacic or Grealish got involved.

Both held on to the ball too long & kept taking too many touches which kept breaking up our passing rhythm. It's something both have to majorly improve on.

Watched the extended highlights and I have to say Foden was brilliant in a central role.
Haaland being injured may actually be a blessing in disguise.
It's not been clicking with Haaland & Julian at the moment, so Erling being out gave us the chance to go back to one striker & an extra midfielder.

With reverting to a flat back four, we've gone back to basics & looked far better for it. I think we need to stick to a 4-3-3 for the foreseeable until we get our mojo back.

Always ever disliked Luton. As in today nothing changed. Hated that day, hated Pleat, hated his cheap costume, and hated his way of celebrating.
Does anyone remember that Pleat got punched after running across the pitch to their fans in the Kippax away area ?
I was sat (unusually ) in the Main Stand and am sure someone decked him after his celebrations ?

Compare the way our game was reffed and the Dipper game. Red card on seventy odd minutes and LiVARpool have twenty mins to turn one point into three. I bet a pound to a fuckin' farthing that next weekend Ayew would have had the freedom of The Etihad without the slightest chance of getting any sanction had he not been given a one matcher!
17 Fouls each 8 Yellows for Palace 1 for RS 1 Red for Palace ..a big fat Zero for the RS
Says it all

There should be a 'City away' section somewhere at Etihad. Just for those following City away. So vocal and superb as always.

Top away day even if it was a small allocation.

Actually had a good day out, surprisingly friendly bar staff at the ground in the away end & no mither.

Away support was once again top notch throughout the game & loved ending it with ‘The Greatest Team you’ll ever see’ chant which is fast becoming a favourite of mine. Catchy & gets everyone going.

I hated Luton for far longer than that. The 6-2 FA Cup match (all scored by Denis Law) that was called off very late when conditions were allegedly no worse than they had been for most of the match. Needless to say, Luton won the replayed match 3-1.

There was also Luton’s former chairman, (director from 1977 to 1989) David Evans, who banned all visiting supporters from Kenilworth Road in defiance of Football League rules to put in more corporates. He was a Tory MP and used car dealer. A truly obnoxious and racist individual. He died a horrible death.

I have nothing against the Luton support but I hope they go down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.