Luton Town (H) | Sat 13th April, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play our best players in hope of us clicking this season as we have in others in the final part of a season. IMO we are still not at our best and we need to get there ASAP.

So (resting Stones)...

..............Ederson................
Lewis Akanji Dias Gvardiol
.............Foden Rodri ...........
...KDB Alvarez .......Grealish
.................Haaland..............

If we are comfortable start replacing the most precious ones.

No disrespect to Luton, who have played well without really getting the results their performances deserve, but we really need to be looking at this game to boost our goal difference. My fear is given our injuries and fatigue we play a second string and struggle.

Unfortunately a heavily rotated squad (particularly bringing in the weaker players) will likely lead to us dropping points in the league when we have no wriggle room.

I don't know what the solution is re. Rodri as, although he looks like he needs a rest, history tells us we can't win when he doesn't play.

I get why some people think Grealish needs a rest but he started every game in the run-in last season. He can do it and I bet he'll be telling Pep that. We look much more stable when he plays so hopefully he can repeat for the team what he did last season.

No disrespect to Luton, who have played well without really getting the results their performances deserve, but we really need to be looking at this game to boost our goal difference. My fear is given our injuries and fatigue we play a second string and struggle.
I normally get shouted down for this point of view, but I'll keep saying it: we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with goal difference before, during or after games. All we need is 3 points and no injuries on Saturday. I've seen more teams drop points chasing goal difference than teams win the league on goal difference.

This is a game where we have to take the risk with team selection and hope and pray that we can get the job done. Rodri needs to rest, 100%.

Practically every fringe player needs to be on the pitch.

Ederson

Rico
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol

Kovacic
Nunes
Alvarez

Doku
Haaland
Bobb

It’ll be horrible to watch, but it’s very much a game where you have to take the risk in order to recover everyone for the games after. Not impossible that KDB could play if it’s just a 24 hour bug, but I’ve left him out in this team example.

Very tough game but the fringe players have to take this opportunity to make their contribution.

Last edited:
I normally get shouted down for this point of view, but I'll keep saying it: we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with goal difference before, during or after games. All we need is 3 points and no injuries on Saturday. I've seen more teams drop points chasing goal difference than teams win the league on goal difference.

I'm not for one minute suggesting we jeopardise the three points by trying to score ten goals, but if we're comfortably on top we need to be ruthless if the chances present themselves.

Real are playing Saturday evening then us. They had 9 days rest before last night. Go strong first half then sub gradually. Big Erl need to find the net again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.